1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Old necro reg set

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Angel Dust, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Whay does a full set consist of and what would a full set sell for?

2. Angel Dust

Stratics Veteran

anyone please help me out here, great thanks for any info

3. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

full list is:
    Wyrms heart
    Brimstone
    Dragans blood
    eye of newt
    obsidian
    Bloodspawn
    pumice
    Blackmoore (?) i think is one

i think thats all of them. as for a price for a full set there was a set at rares fest with buyout of 70m but i dont think it sold. i think they go for about 1m-10m each depending on which one it is. i think the wyrms heart,obsidian, and eye of newt are the less common? hope this helps

4. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Full list of the originals:

* Blackmoor - Used to spawn on liches and lich lords, does not currently spawn.

* Blood Spawn - Original tan colored one is still rare, but blood spawn was reproduced from cocoa pulp. The resulting blood spawn is redder than the original.

* Bone - Currently spawns and is used to craft bone armor

* Brimstone - Rare, common price I've seen is 10m.

* Daemon Bone - Currently spawns on monsters in the non-gauntlet part of Doom. Also used in Mysticism.

* Dead Wood - Used to spawn on corpsers I believe. Maybe reapers. Currently not spawning.

* Dragon's Blood - Currently spawns by skinning a reptilian creature. Used in Mysticism.

* Executioner's Cap - Currently spawns on whipping vines.

* Eye of Newt - Rare, haven't seen one for sale. Gold colored "eye of newt" exists, I believe, made from lucky coins (not 100% sure on that though).

* Fertile Dirt - Purchasable from Mystics in Ter Mur, used in mysticism

* Obsidian - Rare, haven't seen one for sale.

* Pumice - Non-spawning, but was (and may still be?) made from old Tram/Fel moonstones as well, so it is decently common compared to eye of newt, brimstone, etc. Common price I see it is 1m.

* Serpent's Scale - Not spawning, but all serpent's scale became nox crystals with AoS.

* Vial of Blood - I believe all "Vial of Blood"s became daemon blood with AoS.

* Volcanic Ash - Not spawning, but all became grave dust with AoS.

* Wyrm's Heart - Rare, and from what I've seen, the most expensive. Common price I've seen it is 20m.

Also, from my limited experience, the current non-spawning ones would be grouped into different categories of "rare".

Have not spawned since cut necromancy skill, or been recreated in any way (that I know of): Wyrm's Heart, Obsidian, Brimstone

Have not spawned, but have been recreated in some way: Eye of Newt, Blood Spawn, Pumice

Spawned on monsters for a long time after necro skill was scrapped, but does not spawn now: Blackmoor, Dead Wood

5. Angel Dust

Stratics Veteran

Thanks guys. that was some really good info, very helpful in determining my purchase of a full set. the blood spawn is the tan not reddish so i assume its real thing, same with pumice.

6. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The pumice is currently reproducible in it's original color. The copy-cat eye of newt and bloodspawn are a different hue than the original necro reagent. The lighter bloodspawn is the original. The reddish-brown is the copy-cat.

7. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

* Dragon's Blood - Currently spawns by skinning a reptilian creature. Used in Mysticism.

this new dragon's blood is a different color than the rare old necro version

8. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oops! I forgot that :) Thank you for bringing it up. The old dragon's blood is green, and the new stuff is yellow, right?

9. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i believe so, yes

10. Angel Dust

Stratics Veteran

you guys are all awsome, i am a rather new collector and have always wanted a full set of the necro regs. i broke down and bought a set last night. please tell me paying 60mil for the set was worth it. the bloodspawn is not the dup one, it is light brown, not the reddish one i have seen a few places. thanks again to all who have given input for me.

11. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd personally find 60m pretty high, but not absolutely insane. There are only probably a couple of the reagents that can go for more than 10m such as the wyrm's heart. You might take a loss if you decide to sell it at some point, but if you bought them because you love having them... than it was just the right price.

12. Telen

Telen Guest

I've seen someone sell Obsidian for 33m and a few people actually offered between 25-32m before it sold. (Six or so.)

So there is still a market for it. Which would mean between the Wyrm's Heart and the Obsidian alone (maybe what, 40-53m?) And if she has a few of the other decently rare ones, like the original Bloodspawn and Dragon's Blood than 60m should be fine.

Should be able to re-sell it too if they ever wanted to get rid of it.

13. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

60mil is a very decent price for a fullset, I recently sold these separately on my vendor on atl

Obsidian - 20m
    Wyrm's Heart - 15m
    Dragon Blood - 15m
    Eye of Newt - 12m
    Brimstone - 10m

I would say Obsidian is the hardest to find / rarest as of late.

14. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

How come these ancient threads keep getting bumped back to the top for no reason? lol...

15. Telen

Telen Guest

I did a search for the full set of Necro regs, and wasn't paying attention to the date of the first post. So I respond, accidently bumping it back up. Heh. So for that post, I am guilty of thread necro. > <