1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old Player Looking To Come Back

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lia, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Lia

Lia Guest

Hello, all

I've been away from UO for almost a year, and am thinking about giving it another shot. I've come to these boards and (as expected) there have been a lot of changes. Honestly, I'm feeling overwhelmed, and I'm kind of hoping to get a brief list of the biggies. Also, I'm wondering if there is any space anywhere for housing? I used to play GL, but I'm guessing they are still as full as ever? My primary characters were a bard/mage and a tamer/mage on Trammel. Any room for those templates anymore? Any new templates I should look at?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks! :)

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are changes but you should be able to get back into the swing of things fairly quickly. Of course there will be those moments when you smack yourself on the forehead but thats understandable. There is room for small houses everwhere since most people are chasing 18x18 (the largest house you can build).

3. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Welcome back! Ive been back about a month, after almost 18 months away. Its a good feeling. UO was my first MMO way back in late 1999. After being extremely disappointed in the Age of Conan beta, I felt somewhat disheartened by the MMO market, and turned back to UO.

Yeah, thats the hardest part, reading the boards and having no idea whats going on, LOL. When I left last time the Ophid invasion was in full swing. Apparently since then Magincia was destroyed by demons (literally, go check it out, theres nothing left but ruins) and some idiot mage blew a hole in Moonglow, creating a rift to an alternate "Darkglow" inhabitted by nasties. The rift has since disappeared and been replaced by a teleport to a face to face meeting with some guy called Andrew, an emmisary to the Shadowlords.

Phase 1 of the new Spring Cleanup is in full swing, with players being able to hand in various items in exchange for point tickets, which can be used to claim "rare" gifts and items. Pixels for Pixels basically. The second round is due to begin any day, and adds even more hand in items, and even more gifts/rewards. Items and points used during Phase 1 can still be used during Phase 2.

I cant really help you with your housing questions, as Im on Oceania. I can tell you we have LOTS of land there, hehehe.

Welcome back, and good luck!

4. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

i dunno i asked a question on this forum and it takes all day to get an answer. it says on uo.com this is the official forum but it seems like there's nothing going on here but a bunch of people whining and crying about the game.

maybe that isn't helpful but what can i say?

5. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Fixed.

6. If GL is like LS there are places for houses if you are willing to deal with a small. The bigger plots are all taken, though they do churn a bit so it's not impossible to eventually move up in size.

7. Lia

Lia Guest

Thanks so much for the update and the warm response! This was so helpful.

Thanks to all for the replies. I went ahead and started the account again. I really missed those mongbats. :)