1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old player, newbie question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by startle, Jul 28, 2013.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hi all,

Found a spot in Malas for an 18x18 but it's been over a decade since I built a home. I'm customizing in the pic below, but it won't let me create the 2nd floor floor. What am I missing?

[​IMG]

2. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

I think you just need to fill it all in. The floor should be fine as long as you have support from the floor below.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Victim of Siege likes this.
  3. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think you are missing anything, it will continue to be orange until you complete that row. A row of tiles needs to be connected to wall at both ends, once you finish that row and connect it to the wall on the other end it will work. Like the first row, it is a complete row touching walls on both ending points. Unless you are saying it won't let you create a second floor at all even with a complete row... You need to make sure there is wall touching all the borders of the flooring.

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

If that location is where you want your 2nd story floor to stop, you need to put a wall support underneath that tile. I always build my floor plan with the walls and doors first, then go back and put in the floor tiles.

5. startle

Thank you both for the quick responses... It's been so long since I customized a home that I had forgotten that floor tiles had to have walls first...
    I'll see if that's the prob, but sure it is...
    Thx again... and am happy to be here (got pk'd for the first time today... what a hoot)...

6. startle

I feel silly... You were correct. Thank you 3.