1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old Player Returning, Q's for Atlantic

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Lionhart, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Lionhart

Lionhart Guest

Hi, I used to play Ultima Online back in 1999 through 2002. I saw an ad recently and figured I would give the game another try, since I have no interest in any other MMORPG.

Since I am so behind, I had some questions and knew Stratics would be the best forum to come to. What are the good templates now and where should are the best places to skill gain?

I appreciate anyone's help.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Welcome back! I think we can help answer your questions, but I'd like to narrow down the focus a bit with some clarification questions.

First, what kind of character/playstyle do you enjoy? Mage? Melee? Archer? Tamer? Bard?

Second, do you prefer PvM, PvP, or some combination of the two?

Once we establish these parameters, it should be easy to recommend some outstanding templates.

3. Lionhart

Lionhart Guest

Well when starting from scratch my focus should be PVE of course. Although I was always a PVPer I need to form that foundation first.

What looks interesting is a Fencer with Ninjitsu/Hiding/Stealth. I know the classic PVE setups though.

4. Bushido fencer is more wicked than ninja.
    Fencing
    Tacs
    Parry
    Bushido
    Chiv
    Anat
    Heal

Also, skill gain has changed so that you dont need to do it like old days. Anywhere is as good as anywhere else, just know that you can buy up pretty much any skills to 40 in haven, and the newb quests associated with this will rocket you past 50 easily.

As for getting up to gold/item speed quickly, nothing will beat a mage/tamer.
    That template will finacially fund the other templates, especially the pvp one.

Welcome back....welcome back to atlantic.....dont let it (leaving) happen again!
    hehehe

5. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Welcome back to the community!

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

welcome home, check assia's link if your into roleplaying or just community fun.

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Ninjia/stealth/hiding are good options for PvP. However, none of these has a very powerful PvM application. Although you could *make it work* if you really have your hard set on this template, there are better PvM skills available to you. If you really enjoy melee toons, I think you would be much happier with a sampire than a ninja. (Search the warrior thread for "sampire" to find template, armor, and tactics advice).

8. silent death197831

silent death197831 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Sir Gahad I dont disagree with you much but if you have the right items and the right build as a ninja it is very affective in both pvp and pvm. By the way welcome back to the game. but as a new player i would recomend putting the time into a bushido archer for pvm which can also be used in pvp.

120 archery
    120 bush
    100 anat
    100 healing
    100 tactics
    100 med
    80 chiv

That is a template for a 4 year old account with 720 skills.
    the suit is super simple to build and pretty cheap.
    i would even sell you one if you was intrested in a good suit for a good start.

9. silent death197831

silent death197831 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

As for a ninja i run a ninja necro that is very affective in both pvp and pvm enviroment but it is a more advanced template. I would not recomend it to someone starting off because the suit is extremly difficult to build and full of item increase items.

10. Lionhart

Lionhart Guest

I appreciate the responses. It all has been helpful to me.

I believe I already have a good handle on the game again. I'm curious about guilds/groups, because I am interested in doing champion spawns/Doom. Can anyone point me in the right direction with that?