1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Old Player Returning

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Nagumo of Oit, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I used to play some years ago and have a couple of characters - a GM mage and GM warrior/paladin plus mules and a journeyman tamer. For some strange reason I decided to pay £19.99 for the new SA expansion and £9.99 for a months play and logged into Europa. I must have picked a bad time because I went to Briton Bank and found I was the only person there. Talk about depressing. Since then I have read about Atlantic being a good shard to play on for population but the Europa forum seems to be active so, as a returning player can I ask where is the current action/population hotspot in Europa?

Its so very quiet :)

2. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

After the bank in britain became part of that troubled the city, everyone hangs out at Luna now.

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Aye, Luna bank is the new hotspot, You'll find it via a public moongate under Malas.

If your looking to join a guild that does daily champion spawns or monster hunts I highly suggest SAOR.

Atlantic is more popular than Europa however if your in Europe the lag may be a little much, In that case, Europa is your best choice.

4. Chap

Chap Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi

Since you mention GM skills it is logical to assume that you have not played since pre-pub 16 (Pub16 came with powerscrolls). If you like PvP youll need higher skills than GM and youll need some armor.

PS can start with 10s which is 'cheap', the only hard thing is to find somewhere that sells them. try ask around at Luna.

For armor you need this regardless of PvP or not. Its item based now, these cost alot.
    for PvP you have the option of Faction which gives you 'cheap' items fully usable for PvM and PvP.

good luck and may the gods be with you.

-psy

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Also New Haven is a good place to find helpful players.
    I would prefer to select a shard by my time zone. It is easier to arrange meetings/dates/trips with other players who sleep at the same time as you.

6. Thanks for the responses. I will check out Luna when I get home today.

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you'd like a hand with anything, or need help with armour etc, give us a shout. If you'd like to pop a char into the guild while you get settled, you're very welcome. As Mapper says, friendly bunch and always something going on :)

8. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

Also if you need some help and cannot find anyone (UO has become a very big place) try useing the new chat channels, you can switch channels useing the drop down menu found next to journal options, then hit your commer key and you can speak to anyone in that channel.

9. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

Very odd indeed! You have received some great advice already, so I just wanted to welcome you back :)