1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OMFG I HATE Bill Gates!!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Viscount Goop, May 9, 2013.

1. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

Well, I did it again!!!!
    I did something to may cputer and now it doesnt work !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now Im postg this while I load UO on this computer !!!
    *sigh* only at 34% done and its been going for 45 mins !!!
    2-3 more hours to play on this POS other computer that runs like its ********!
    I re-started my computer and it started going. beep...puase...beep....pause...and the screen was Black so I turned computer off an blew out the dust and checked to see if anything was loose and one of my memory cards was loose so I pulled it out and looked at it then put it in and got the tabs to lock down (thats why it was loose, bottom tag wasnt locked.
    computer starts now and but windows wont load , it gets stuck right after welome screen.

I shall return Siege!!

...87% downloaded...

ok download done and I decided I needed to try classic client again...but probly gunna have to download EC cuz I have issues with cc I cant fix.
    SIEGE ON!!

#1 Viscount Goop, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

:party:
    :sad2: :whip: :yell: :gun: :rant2: :sad4: :sad3:
    well really did something to my computer. The OS and all my files and folders/programs are still there, but no matter what I do, I cant get OS to start nor can I re-install the OS. Looks like Im gunna have to spend another $ 100.00 for a "professional" to figure :sad2: :sad2: out this mess. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. will even give a reward for any help that fix's this "putrified, dryd shell of MEATRING SPLITTING, NON-GREEZED, NO KISS AFTERWARDS , DRAWING & QUARTERING !. <<OUCH!>> " :sad2: :sad2: :whip: :yell: :gun: :rant2: :sad4: :sad3: :sad4: :rant2: :gun::gee: :loser:

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

It's not a good idea to mix electronics and Goop... :p

Hope you get it all sorted out soon. What version of Windows are you on? Can you get into Safe Mode and maybe restore?

Viscount Goop likes this.
  4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Im sorry neighbor. Look to see you back

Viscount Goop likes this.
  5. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

I have WIN7 and dont know how to get into safe mode and Ive tried to do a restore w/ manufactures disc but I keep getting stuck right after the "welcome" screen. It starts to show desktop but gets stuck as its tryn to Load and...omfg..I just typed out a paragraph or 3 only to get an error when tryn to post!! *sigh* One of the mssg. I keep getting is > BOOTMGR is missing< followed by > press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart< and that just brings me back to boot screen.
    !!! SIEGE ON !!!
    Viscount Goop

#5 Viscount Goop, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Don't be hating on Bill Gates. Be hating Steve Ballmer.

8. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

UncleSham likes this.
  9. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

Got my computer working. Not really sure how I did it but got into safe mode and did a system restore and everything seems to be working fine. Have yet to restart computer & see if windows still boots. Thanks to UncleSham for that link. :):party::gee::banana::thumbup::p

Ducky Momo likes this.
  10. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

glad i could be of help . ive done that a few times and it seemed pretty straight forward.

i figured you'd work it out. :)

oh yeah . ive also taken to creating a restore point before i try anything i dont fully understand or if i find a setting i know works . its good to lock down a safe spot now and then for future restores. ya never know ...

11. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

this thread can be erased now