1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OMG Shaking I Won the House on Atl

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorelei Rage, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

Congrats to all the others that have won!

2. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*hugs*

Congratulations Hun!

3. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congrats!!!!

I just wish you had waited till around 9:15 so I could have ran my 8 characters through one more time. I only got 1 cloak and 1 talisman :(

4. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Human or Gargoyle? The garg one is finished... :( Today was NOT my lucky day.

I do have to love how the game tells you to check UOHerald...the EA/Mythic people said check UOHerald...but there's nothing on UOHerald. Multifail.

5. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

Thank you all. It was the human/elf that I won apparently the garg was won very close to server up that was over before I logged in this morning. So on ATL they are both over.

6. kentuckyjoe

From all the posts, it looks like most of the houses were won this morning. I wonder if there was some type of glitch in the system that rewarded them all at once or if it was indeed a "lucky day?"

7. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

someone from mythic posted the math somewhere else, but i think today is the day where if everyone does the quest, all houses would be given away. on day one of part 3, it was 1 out of 1,000,000 (if everyone did the quest). increased by 10x per day

8. kentuckyjoe

I didn't read that Ender, but it would seem logical. I was in the process of moving and was offline for a few weeks. I only got internet back on Wednesday so I had to rush to get a few characters through. My stupid cable company just didn't seem to think my addiction to pixel crack was reason enough to bump my installation date up :(

9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Dude! Nicely done, indeed.

10. omgmir

omgmir Guest

And selling for 3 billion I see.

11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

I think he is saying all the houses seemed to be won by the first person that did the quest today :(

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Nope. Based on the formula given, today at server up, all "eligible" characters (ie: have a lamp and did part one of the quest) were put into a pool and a random one chosen as the winner. As long as that chosen winner claims the prize (ie: logs in and runs through part 3 of the quest today), the house will be awarded. If the chosen winner does not do the quest today, then we repeat with a new winner chosen at server-up tomorrow.

13. Deb

Deb Guest

Not true on the first person, our guildmate won on Napa and he was not first.
    I believe the winners are chosen at server up and you have all day
    to log in to win.

14. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yup, it all comes down to RNG and the luck of the Irish :lol:

Congrats to all !!!!

15. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

WOOT !!! Congrats Lorelei ... Very happy you won

16. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

Thank you! We are not selling the abyss house! We are placing but have to get rid of another house before we can get it. OMG moving again.

17. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Congrats!. If you can mark runes there grab me one :) Even better if you make it public and set up venders rent me a spot also :)

18. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats on winning!!!!!!:thumbup1:

19. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

wtg Lore, imo could not have happened to a nicer person.

20. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations to you!

21. What? Its over? Way to go EA another event I couldnt play because of real life. Nice job. This is so unfair.

Lorelei could I get a rune to your place?

JK about above but I would like a rune. And can I get a vendor.? I am working on Legendary Merchant status. It would be cool to have an extension to my 2 Ter Mur Commerce centers in the Abyss. CONGRATS.

22. Kristeen

Kristeen Guest

RWH, Your self centered obsession/greed is too much and surprisingly still surprising. Impressive you remembered to congratulate our girl in the end.

then: Replace the original text that says Legendary Merchant to Legendary Greed Monger

23. Cant really make a joke about it if I started off with Congrats. It just a game. Not life. To the point. Vendor and rune and congrats. 3 for 3

24. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

Thank you everyone. In the process of moving all our stuff have to get rid of a house before I can take the abyss house. I hate moving but this is worth it. Once the house in the abyss is all set up it will be public. Not sure yet what I am doing about vendors (but I will tell you I hate shopping at empty ones). From what I am hearing on other shards at the moment the runes are not working. Next month my acct goes 12 years and I will then at least have teleporters. Probably going to link the porter to my malas vendor house so that I can drop runes to that house and everyone can get easy access to the abyss house. My brother has some great deco ideas and wants that job. If I didnt just move all the rares from our fel houses to my malas house (so others could enjoy viewing the items) I probably would have made it a rares house (that was soooooo much work). Also the malas house has a rune library which will be a plus on the porter.

I would say that it will probably be at least two weeks before the abyss house is up and running and public. It will be private during the decoing for obvious reasons.

25. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Happy belated congrats on the house! Now I can stop collecting these damned bottles!

26. Very cool. Can I ask... I didnt do the event. I like my 2 Ter Mur homes next to each other.

How many times did you try before winning?

27. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

The first two days I ran 4 chars and then my garg then someone told me I could get my crafters down there without having to kill anything I ran two accts through for the remainder of the days (with the exception of one red).

28. Can I have yer old house?

:thumbup1:heheh

29. Lorelei Rage

Lorelei Rage Guest

I doubt any of our guildmates will want the house, cause it is in tram. It is max storage but not 18x18. It is along the mountain out of trinsic. There are lots of miners that use the house to smelt as it is a craft house open to the public. We placed after an idoc and didnt buy it, and I guess we should do a pay it forward and give it away, once we get it cleaned out it will be up for grabs.

30. Thats a good payoff then. I bet lots of people ran 4,5 or 6 accounts. I didnt do any. Though what I want is a rangers cloak. I think they came from that quest too.

Me im selling crushed glass to save gold to buy the cloak. The life of a merchant.