1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

On a cancelled account, how much time do I have?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rocklin, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

My atm card was used in a fraud scheme and I have to shut it down. With no other card options at this time, we closed our UO account temporarily. My question is, how long do I have to reactivate the account before my keep falls?
  2. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 18, 2008
  3. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

This was a rare occurrence for me, but one time I had them take a house which I was co-owned to on my other accounts.

After about 2-3 weeks of closing the account, it was "Owned by OSI".

This account had no previous marks or any reason for this to happen. It just did.

So I would be careful about trusting this, since I am speaking from personal experience here.

Edit: What you can do is buy one of the prepaid gift cards at the store. I know Mastercard and Visa work for sure, and I think American Express does also.
  4. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Mine was on a list of ones that were hacked a couple years ago. The bank replaced mine within a month and I was off and running again. If your bank is aware of this (I assume so ...) they should not have a problem replacing your card with a totally new PIN.
  5. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

After letting my bank know, it wasn't but a week, 2 at *most*, before I had a brand new Visa card and PIN. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get your new bank card.

Getting a prepaid Visa/Mastercard/AMEX like another poster mentioned is a very good idea too! That way, there's no worries. :)

Forgot something... Hope you get everything straightened out promptly and without too much troubles!
  6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008