1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

One copy of 9th Anni. or One per PC???

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Dreadmage, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Dreadmage

Dreadmage Guest

I may be in the wrong forum, this may be tech, but I wasn't sure. So, sorry if I picked the wrong one. But here's my question...

My wife, and I both plan on playing UO. We both have our own computers, and we will both have our own accounts, so we can play together, or not, as the case may be. What I need to know is, do I need to buy a copy of 9th Anni. for each pc, or can I get one copy for both pc's, as long as we have separate accounts?

I don't wanna buy 2 if I don't have to, but I don't wanna buy 1, and need 2.

Thanks again you guys, this forum has been a life saver for getting ready to start playing UO.
  2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Although you can use one box to install on both PC. You will need 2 new player registration codes for each account . Unless you can find someone who has a spare new player code for you.
  3. Dreadmage

Dreadmage Guest

So I can buy one copy of the game, install it on both pc's, use the code that came with it for one pc, use the buddy registration code from the UO Codes Store for the other pc, open two separate accounts, and then I can play on my pc, and my wife on hers at the same time?
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    This is how you do it.

Each box has a new account code and an upgrade code.

1. Use the new account code from the box for one account.
    2. Use the Buddy code from the EA page for the second account.
    3. Upgrade the Buddy code with the upgrade code from the box.

Both will then be ML-enabled, and have access to the the 9th anniversary content (the crystal and shadow housing tiles, etc.)
  5. Dreadmage

Dreadmage Guest

Awesome! Thank you so much!

You are a lifesaver, well... perhaps just a money/time saver. None the less, you guys rock!

Thanks again,