1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

one handed mage weapon for defense..

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by aarons6, Oct 30, 2009.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what type should i make?

2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

anything that's fast, if you aren't using tactics. mage wep sc -0 and dci are main mods, that's 4 mods not including the base DI you get so you end up needing a pretty good hammer to make a good one.

a kryss, katana, assassin's spike, etc. you might also consider crafting special weps if you have recipes.

3. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Use low-level runic hammers to get -20 Mage Weapon or 50% hit spell or SC without penalty as a base and then imbue the rest.

Or you can start from scratch, imbue -20 MW SC and some hit spell.

4. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

I have been seeing tons of twinkling scimitar +6 dci is the base on them. So you could easily go to 21 or higher dci.

5. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How do you get above 15 DCI imbuing?

The guy who does mine says that 15 is the max he can get.

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You cant. Best you can do is hope for getting a 100% DCI roll on a runic.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you make a Twinkling Scimitar with a runic hammer it will always have +6 DCI, so if you craft it with a runic hammer and the hammer rolls a DCI mod, you will get up to +15 DCI from that mod roll, and as much as 21 DCI total when the two mods add together.

If you are going to imbue, you can't take that +6 and make it any more than 15, so having more than 15 is entirely up to the runic hammer.

There are a few weapons, like the Twinkling Scimitar, that you need recipes for, and they always add one mod like that +6 dci.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Magical_Craftables

The benefit of imbuing here is you can make an exact item by getting a few select items, while making the perfect Twinkling Scimitar will take quite awhile and a nice stock of Dark Sapphires (IE imbuing is generally the cheapest method if you have a friend who will do it for free or cheap).

8. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

Sorry, been away for a few days. The basic procedure is obtain a copper runic, make a batch of twinkling scimitars, hope for one with above 15 dci and 40 di(armslore), lower di to 1, imbue fc 1, spellchannel, and -20 mage. I have seen them at 23 dci before.

9. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Why do you hope for higher than 40 DI if you're just dropping it right away? Or did I mis-read?

10. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's been a month or so since I played, but I noticed a few mages on our shard use Imbued Wands.

11. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd recommend -20 , 15% Defense Chance Increase , and the weapon being a bokuto.

: ] Good luck dude! :thumbup:

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I recommend -25, 15 dci, 30ish hla, on a gheal wand, with the 15% 5 magery talisman!

13. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I like it , but the -25 means you only have 15% EP! Boo!!!