1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

one handed/two handed sampire

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by SecretWeapon, Jan 12, 2010.

1. SecretWeapon

SecretWeapon Guest

Hi there,

I was just wondering some opinions. It seems a two handed weapon is better for some situations and the one hand better for some.

I have been making ornate axes and radiant scims. I was just wondering what people prefer from one hand and two hand and if those are the best swordsman weapons I should be focusing on. I will mostly be doing peerless bosses. Any input is valued and appreciated!
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You'll need a *lot* of stamina and SSI to swing an Ornate at a good speed.
    The difference between a hit and a miss is often life and death, and if you're using a slow weapon, that doesn't make it better.
  3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
  4. With Bushido and Parry 2h gives a 5% better chance at Parrying an attack which may help slightly with Counter Attack but other than that the only difference is for using potions.

For Swords weapons the set is usually:
    Radiant Scimitars for Whirlwind
    Daisho for Feint
    Rune Blade for easiest maintainable DPS
    Ornate Axe for highest damage
  5. SecretWeapon

SecretWeapon Guest

My apologies I should have searched more extensively, search engine didn't provide me much but I probably did a poor job. Thanks for the link :)
  6. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
  7. shulginist

shulginist Guest

I see what you did there.
  8. Val-Tur

Val-Tur Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 27, 2005
    For those who like to wield the Ornate Axe, have you tried using a double axe for the whirlwind instead of a Radiant Scimitar? The dps is a bit lower than the scimitar but you can imbue higher leaches and get the full benefit of parry/bush from a 2h weap. And if you can swing an ornate at 1.25 sec, then the dps from the double axe will be higher than the scimitar.