1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

One Of My Chars Must Be Travelling At Lightspeed...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Jan 14, 2009.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

and bending time!

My very first char, created 8 yrs ago, says his account is 95 months old. The last char I created ~1 yr ago (on the same account) says the account is 96 months old.

So 1st char is living in the past (2008) while 2nd char exists in 2009!

If it is really so difficult to code accurate account ages, how ya gonna do the hard stuff?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Edit: Sometimes one character updates the account age faster than others. Give it a little time. Don't get so bent-out-of-shape over one month.

3. sandersism

sandersism Guest

Obviously he realizes that if you read his post. He's remarking upon the fact that 2 characters on the SAME account tell him the account is 2 different ages. Not really a big deal in the long run... but slightly amusing I suppose.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Obviously I realized that and edited it just as posted this ;)

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Yes, I realize that and I am referring to account age. Don't you find it peculiar that the oldest char on the account displays a younger account age than the youngest char on the very same account? I do! IMHO, such a basic/simplistic program function as account age, really shouldn't have so many bugs!

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, didn't read clearly and that was my bad response.
    My edited:

7. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

No problem

8. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What is happening is that there is no program.

They wait till enough players lose out on a few months every year and complain, then they update them all at once/larger batches.(once a year or so).:)

9. Xclio

Xclio Guest

I had this happen to me just last month, sent a page to a GM regarding it and he sent me a response to check out some link, I checked it out and the link explained that the chars age is updated only once very 7 days and that is the reason for discrepancy.

I still think it is kinda stupid in that it should be an account wide update but oh well, just gotta wait as long as 7 days for all the chars to update after you see the first one has updated.

10. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The updating of account age is simplistic, but it's tied to your account (on a completely different server), not your characters. Characters (that have logged in recently enough) get updated periodically, and it can take as long as a month. The reason for the slowness is because a single, very important server needs to be queried to update hundreds of thousands of characters on dozens of external servers. They don't want to overload the account server just so your characters can have a 100% accurate account age.