1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

One of the worst bugs in game finally bit me too!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spellbound, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

From the ecstacy of finally being graced a Crimson Cincture (which I dyed with a one charge Tokuno charcoal grey dye) after defeating countless Melissas, I now feel the pain of discovering it is missing from my character. I have died a few times in Doom and and Lady Mel's since I last remember it on my character. Never was I below 1.5 mil (in gp and checks in the bank). Everything else is still insured on my character. Character's corpse is set to not lootable. Only way to have lost it is the dreaded insurance bug. I'm not a pvp'er so factions isn't going to garner me a new one. Just a sad player disappointed by bad luck; and wishing the UO team could actually fix a few more bugs.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Spellbound,

While I am sorry for your loss I know it's exceptionally painful, I must ask, at anytime during any of your deaths were you perchance overweight?

I happen to know that if you are overweight when you die sometimes insured items will be left on your corpse.... (Likely this too is a bug) ... I have had this happen this is how I lost a couple of runebooks..... Blessed and insured items fall victim to this one. I have since learned that no matter what when I loot my corpse I ALWAYS open it and insure that NOTHING is left behind.

[​IMG]

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not likely to be overweight even if cursed, as I didn't keep more than 10k and my capacity is 537 stones.

4. That happened to me a month ago and happened to a freind of mine only yesterday, and both crimmys were blessed and both wer acheived doing lady m's! dunno wot the hell's goin on but it makes me edgy dyin in fell cos when they drop can other people loot them?

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hard lesson learned, will take your advice to heart and thoroughly check my corpses. Thanks, MalagAste.

6. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yep happened to me, lost a vet verite reward cape, not over weight, nothing weird just lost it
    sucks
    sorry for your loss

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There seem to be a number of dark corners of the code which do not handle high carrying capacities/high item counts properly (butcher's war cleaver and BOD rewards being the most conspicuous to me). This may well be unrelated, but it would be interesting to know if there are people with carrying capacities under 350 who who have been hit with this?

8. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to lose your stuff. It's a horrible feeling. :sad4:

9. Duku

Duku Guest

Very sorry for you...

It seems a special Meli's attack!

10. Farscape

Farscape Guest

It has been happening for so long now it must now be a feature:sad4:

11. Galad

Galad Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Happened to me, I lost a vet robe.

12. Splup

Splup Guest

Iv lost few items due insurance bug also...

I feel sry for you mate.

13. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I lost a Crimson on napa valley a few days ago. I died in destard while getting leather and ran out to get a rez, when I did, my crimson and pure white vet rode were gone.

I ran back in to check my body and the robe was laying on the ground. Nothing was in my body. It was blessed, not insured, and I was no where near over weight. I had just walked in when 3 greater dragons killed me.

No one else was there, just me alone at 3:30am. I killed the 3 dragons to see if they looted it, it wasnt there.

I does suck to lose something that took forever to get.

Tom

14. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrr, yer vet robe or yer death robe were layin' on da ground? If 'twere yer vet robe, then someone had ta have been in yer body ta take it out!

15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How long has it been since you lost it?

Something that's happened to me twice, both with blessed as opposed to insured items, is that it appears to vanish completely....Only to just come back about 15 minutes to an hour later. Just reappear. Out of nowhere.

-Galen's player

16. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

Sorry for your loss but I still haven't lost anything to any bug other than my own Stupidity Bug!!!!!