1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

One Unreliable Mouse :)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by old gypsy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I always check Sherry for news these days, especially before heading into town for strictly peaceful purposes. Today, Sherry lied to me (or perhaps she just omitted some information)... so I recalled right into an invasion in progress.

Be careful if you aren't looking for a fight, and don't put much faith in that mouse! :p

2. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I remember someone told me a couple years ago that if you transfer a sherry statuette to another shard the mouse will stil tell the news of the old shard back then i thought that have got to be a myth

I never tested it to see if that is how it works but I suppose it could be some truth to it

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Interesting... I got my mouse on my home shard, though. Anyway, from now on I'm adopting the Boy Scouts' motto - "Be Prepared!" :)

G.v.P likes this.
  4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Keep in mind there are usually 2 invasions active at a time... Seems like the cryers/mouse just announce one at a time.

G.v.P likes this.
  5. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

he wasn't playing attention and read the invasion city for felucca instead of trammel - rookie mistake

6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I noticed over the weekend that at least one announcement was off by about half an hour. Sherry didn't start announcing a Trinsic/Trammel invasion until it was underway for some time, and was still announcing the Trinsic invasion after it was all over.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I haven't paid enough attention, I guess, but it does seem like certain NPCs shout one city, and others shout another. Hm. I had thought, earlier, that it could be a 50/50 RNG. Doesn't seem to be the case at all after some light testing, lol.