1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Online warning

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Today i was online with an old account in wich I have also a quite new char. It says to me " you are too young to get a gift!" What does it mean?
    If i enter with a old char it says to me nothing and nothing happens.
    Someone knows what is this warming?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

A character needs to be 'older than 30 days' to get a gift.

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yesterday, I was getting that message on every character I have.

Something to do with those behind-the-scenes database changes they're making, I should imagine.

-Galen's player

4. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

But what gift???
    And is the first day i see this warning and the chars have about 3 weeks. In two diferent shard, Atlantic and Europa.

5. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

usually i get it when I make a new character. The new character has to be at least 30 days old before it can get stuff like xmas gifts, easter gifts and the likes. Prolly to keep players from making 7 characters on ever shard the days before the gifts come out.

6. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

I made a new character about 2 months ago on a 12 year old plus account, and I have been getting the same message every day since on that character.

Its clearly over the 30 days that you'd usually get that message, I absolutely have enough play time on that character (around 2 hours a day for 63 days) to offset any "newness", and there hasn't been a gift we have been eligible for since the Valentine's Day gifts. I think those were turned off in the begining of March.

So, the answer is: Who knows?

It very likely is a glitch/byproduct of what Galen said: the updates to the Data Center.

7. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

All characters got this message since the 4th of july. with no gift. Its just an empty system this time around, it was left up to the EMs to gift you.