1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Only if KR looked this good

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NuSair, Aug 1, 2008.

1. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Mar 18, 2003
  3. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

Looks like the same bad blocky "3D" **** every other game company is pedling to me.

Oh wait, I get it. These games are designed by fans of cubism.

4. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 21, 2006

Azazel of LA Guest

I myself dont like the new look of Diablo 3 . Also the way a game looks shouldnt matter as long as its fun. I can still sit and play 8bit Nintendo games more then some of the new games that look great but have no story line and crappy control. Eyecandy is nice , but should not be the deciding factor in what you play. :next:
  6. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

Thank you for the links to all three; they truly show how far short KR falls. The beauty of the Titan Quest screenshot reminds me of how beautiful our own classic Ultima is, when we take the time to appreciate it.
  7. Stoutblade

Stoutblade Guest

I agree. It's not an RPG but I still play Romance of the Three Kingdoms III on SNES sometimes. Other strategy games just aren't as immersive.
  8. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    Looks pretty good there blizzard! Might have to check that one out. UO seems to be stuck in a backed up toilet these days. One of the EA janitors is gonna pop that stubborn clog someday and UO will end up in whatever sewage plant SIMS Online did. Better Sell those millions/billions fast i hear 10 cents a million is on the horizon LOL.
  9. Gandie

Gandie Guest

If KR had the look of Diablo III/Titan Quest im sure more would join! :thumbsup:
  10. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mar 3, 2006
    Have to admit, those games make KR look very bad. Having said that, I expect KR was created on a budget that amounts to a tiny fraction of what was spent creating those games. Those are also brand new games, KR was created using a game engine that is already at least four years old (maybe closer to 6).

The fact that it is 3D game superimposed on a 2D environment also accounts for some of the differences in quality. But still, you would think that a company with the resources available to it that EA has, would be able to support the development of a high quality new client for the first mmorpg on the market.