1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Only the character that put the wall shield

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Lady Michelle, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Only the character that put the wall shield up (4th year vet reward) can only redeed the wall shield to take it down even if it is on the same account. I got on my character Hope placed the wall shield logged off. Then got on my character Michelle(same account) owner on the house sign. click on the wall shield. I got the message You can only re-deed this decoration if you are the house owner, or originally placed the deed.

I got back on Hope took the deed over to my friend's where I'm co owned Placed the wall shield. He was on his character owner on the house sign. I told him to take the wall shield down. He couldn't he also got the message You can only re-deed this decoration if you are the house owner, or originally placed the deed.

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is a common error for shields and skeletons. Unfortunately, it results in getting a GM to axe it for the house owner.

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i just bought a new house this week, and the owner left a lot of things behind for me to sort through. there was a 4th year skele on the wall, and also a stag head on the wall, neither of which i could remove - got same message about either being the home owner or the original placer. obviously i'm the home owner but it wasn't letting me re-deed either item. grrrr.
    i did a search and someone said to lock the item down, and then unlock it, and then you might be able to remove it. it worked! i think i had to unlock and re-lock the skeleton about 3 times, and i logged out and back in for good measure, & it let me re-deed both items. i think the skele is a double click to re-deed item and i think the stag head was an axable re-deed item but can't remember... i was psyched b/c i've run into that skeleton thing in the past and had one stuck in my house for a year even though i was the home owner and i was the one who originally placed it.
    so try locking/unlocking a few times and hopefully it'll let you re-deed it!

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Does that work if you have a 5th year vet reward installed on a house you bought and have a two year account holding it? Can the account still re deed the item? Can never get that to work its kinda silly

5. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

don't know... probably not! i've had lots of issues with xferring houses between my accounts and having the new house owner unable to even axe the deeded items if they are older than the char's account is. grumble. however, i believe if you co-owner an older account they can do it. at least with some things.