1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[OOC] Lore Discussion: Moiety by Trebr Drab

Discussion in 'UO White Stag Inn' started by WarderDragon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Since this piece is relevant to the lore discussion of Ultima Online I wanted to make a copy of it here for us to discuss and debate.

You can find the original thread here.

2. WarderDragon

Lord British entered the Ethereal Void bearing several (but not all) the shards of the Gem of Immortality. So long as once piece remained out of the clutches of evil it could not be reshaped and used for dark purposes.

We also know that in Ultima Prime the Shadowlords emerge from the Gem of Immortality to possess Astaroth, Nosfentor, and Faulinei. And in Ultima Online the Three were trapped in the Void until we inadvertently released them.

Is it possible that British mistakenly created or released the Shadowlords (in Ultima Online) by entering the Void with the Gems?

3. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

What I remember of the Buckler "Moiety".

The first mention of the shield I can remember was in reference to Anon who is the leader of the Council of Mages.

Anon was invited by the newly appointed Ruling Council of Britannia(shortly after Lord British departed into the void) to reconcile the differences with the Council of Mages. It was unclear to me but it even seemed as though Anon was originally part of the new ruling council Lord British formed. However, shortly after its creation, Anon became frustrated with the operation of the Ruling Council. Eventually his frustration with the Ruling Council Boiled over and he threw his shield "Moiety" at the feet of the council members, declaring his resignation and return to the Council of Mages.

-Lore's Player

4. WarderDragon

It makes me wonder what happened to the Council and Anon.

Their forces have managed to survive (for the time being). So was the Council destroyed in the Magincian Invasion? Or did they survive and flee to Moonglow?

I'm hoping for the latter. It would be another element of conflict and political intrigue to the storyline with the inauguration of Queen Dawn.

5. WarderDragon

I believe this is the event you're referring to.

http://www.uoherald.com/archive/archive.php?archiveId=645

And Anon's subsequent letter to the Council of Mages.

http://www.uoherald.com/archive/archive.php?archiveId=657

6. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just a historical note about Annon. First, it seems I've been spelling his name wrong all this time. :) Annon was a member of the Great Council in Ultima V. I believe he was imprisoned like one of the other council members, Felspar by Blackthorne and the Oppression. This is Annon's conversation, taking from notableultima.com.

Name: Annon
    You see: a grave wizard.//{set flag 4}{goto Label 1}
    Greeting:
    Job: I once served on the Great Council!
    Bye: Good luck!

--> coun or grea
    We derived the eight Words of Power!
    --> word or powe
    We used those words to seal the eight dungeons!
    --> seal or dung
    Blackthorn hunts us down, so that he might unlock them and free the evils within!
    --> blac or hunt or free or evil or unlo
    ~ <cb>{goto Label 5}I trust not yet thy Virtue!

[Label 1] {ask name}//{set flag 2}Good day!/{end conversation}

[Label 2] I have heard tales of thy deeds and am honored to meet thee!//{keywait} I am Annon, of the Great Council!//

[Label 4] Greetings, <name>.//

[Label 5] I know merely one of those Words.//{pause} Dost thou wish to know it?
    --> (any)
    Oh.
    --> y
    The Word is<rune>VILIS<rune>, and remember, it can be used to open the dungeon Despise! //{keywait} The daughter of another council member works as a sailmaker. Ask the child about her mother for she too knows one of the Words of Power!