1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ooc ; this post is to try and find like minded folks.

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by Danse, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Danse

Danse Guest

I am Danse MaCabre. I have been lurking about, watching. I am a tailor by trade, and a fencer by necessity. I have been lucky collecting gold for my BoD's and with my blade. I am not starving, but I am not rich in any way.

My needs are few, but I am lonely and wish some companionship.
    I have a step sister, Wildfire.

Wildfire is the results of an elf and my mother meeting in the wild woods of Illishnar...Her father was a generous man and often gave us all well made items from his packs. He kept us all well fed and in warm clothing until his death in a rock slide, back last winter. My mother soon folllowed him in death, from consumption.

I write these things down, not to gain your pity, but to introduce myself to this community. I am not some princess stolen away by an evil witch. I am an ordinary woman, who would like to met some new people. I would like to find someone to help me hunt the nasty beast who carry the types of leather I need to make horn, barbed, and spined leathers. I need someone who wil show me the best place to find these beasties. And aide me gather up a goodly supply of their leather so I will not have to do this sort of hunt daily.

I have traveled several of the other realms, and this place, this Legends, feels like home...I hope so, for I am tired of traveling,:heart:

2. Plucky Duck

Plucky Duck Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there are still some great peps here

3. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ya, Im still around.

4. Danse

Danse Guest

I am unsure if there is any out there who would want the likes of me in a guild with them.

I enjoy monster bashing, but I ususally have a reason for attacking them. I go for the ones who can give me leathers. But I am only strong enough to bring down the lizardmen, and such who give spined leather. I have not attempted those creatures who carry the horned. And, since I KNOW what the outcome of a meeting between myself and a dragon or some other barbed leather bearing creature will be...I will try to find those leathers for sell some where.

I DO try to RP, but I tend to forget, if I am excited, to stay in character.
    Are there events that are opened to the population of Legends, or are such events kept within the guilds involved?

I have met a few of you kind folks, and please bear with me, I have problems remembering who is who...and I may call you by the wrong name. I mean no insult.

I am here on Legends to stay. I will be working on mastering my skills, and so will my half-sister Wildfire, an elven miner/lumberjack. After we become more proficent in our chosen skills, we will introduce others of our clan.

I am sure I will come here often to ask some silly question or other...but if one is unsure of the proper proceedure, one should ask shouldn't one?

I am in need of the following tailor BoD's:
    10 count Normal Cloth
    Wizard Hat
    Robe
    Shirt
    Long pants (2)
    floppy hat
    full apron
    plain dress

15 Count Normal Cloth
    Tricorne Hat
    Feathered Hat
    Short Pants
    Banadana (2)
    Wizards Hat
    Body Sash
    Shirt
    Skirt

20 Count Normal Cloth
    Cap
    Jester hat
    Jester Suit
    Cloak

Also need regular leather footwear in all counts (10, 15, 20) and all sorts
    such as Shoes, Sandels, Boots, and Thigh Boots.

I am sure there are more BoD's I need, but these will help.

Thank you all for the welcome...I look forward to becoming a part of the community.:)

5. Penderrin

Penderrin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Danse. Nice to have you in Legends.

6. BardMal

BardMal Guest

Hail and welcome,

My wife and myself tend towards the game play you describe.

We are ourselves leather farmers and tailors.

I would be happy for the company whlist we submit these leather clad beasties to the whim of our skinning knives. However, I am loath to entirely surrender all the leather. I value leather higher than gold.

We have devised hunting techniques which can create such mayhem and death that skinning and stacking leather it's self becomes a full time job. We may be willing to share leather if you prove sufficient to the task of assisting in the harvesting of it from the dead beasties while we control the living beasts and deflect their hungry maws.

I know Plucky and Omni both - they are excellent players of the game in their chosen fields and play styles. They are generous with their assistance where they can be. It sounds like your playstyle is more akin to that of my self and my wife. We would welcome you to play with us.

Whom ever you do hook up with to play, be aware of any valuables you may have and their safety. Most of the people on Legends are awesome and generous, but every rose has it's thorns.

7. Danse

Danse Guest

Pm me and Maybe I can catch you all when you start out to hunt.

I can handle spine, at least so far :gee: Although after the encounter, I look a little worse for wear.

Am not brave enough to tackle those monsters who's leather gives us the horned and the barbed...I watched a few other take the field...and leave...:stretcher:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!