1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Oops - need some suggestions to increase int

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by gortman, Jan 11, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've been working on a blacksmith character and things were going great - max'd str, had decent int for mana, minimal dex. Unfortunately I forgot to lock dex before I started doing a whole bunch of smithing to raise my blacksmith skill. So now my dex is way too high and my int has dropped to the point that I barely have enough mana to cast a single recall spell.

Needless to say, I've locked str and pointed dex down to recover what I've lost mana-wise. However, I was wondering if there are some sure-fire ways to get int back up relatively quickly. I'm near the skill cap too, if that helps. Somewhere on Stratics I saw that herding can raise int - just being careful to lock the herding skill first. If that is a good solution, where can I get a shepherd's crook?

Thanks for the help!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

locked skills can't give stat gains.

Let me check on other skills you can work to gain INT

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Basara,

I must have "misremembered" about the skill locking. I've also read about using the seesaw technique but haven't tried it yet.

4. BlackMagus

BlackMagus Guest

If you're below the skill cap, simply use seesaw. Works great!

You will find a list of possible skills to work with at http://www.uoguide.com/Stats

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!