1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ophidian berserkers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrAlien, Jun 11, 2010.

1. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

ophidian berserkers can take half of my greater dragons health away in 1 hit
    wow

2. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if the "mystic" weapons still do extra damage to the Berserkers??

If so, I will need to find them in my clutter and start imbuing!

3. They are not supposed to be easy. When they get on the regular shards, try mystic or vanquishing weapons... still not easy.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As I recall these things even with the Mystic weapon took some 30 min to bring down on a good chiv/bushido dexer....

And they could easily take 75% of her life with one hit.....

5. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Doesn't matter. EA should make the monsters hard in other ways besides hard to MELEE. They should make the mosters hard for archers and spellcasters as well. Atleast give them some ranged attacks that won't allow one to just stand then and shoot stuff at it while the melee'ers get killed repeatedly

6. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If i remember correctly, if you used ranged on these in the past events, there was a good chance you would get teleported to the monster and promptly thumped. could have been changed, or I am thinking of some other monsters in the event.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

True that! I'm seriously considering taking swords and parry off and adding Archery & something else. It's a shame.

8. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

I have lots of mystic weapons , but I have already enhanced most of them. If they are going to do that , then they should drop NEW mystic weaps , so we can imbue.

9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I think you are right. My memory is hazy, but I think that players were luring the berserkers to the water and killing them with archers from boats. So they were changed to teleport players after that. I had pretty good luck jousting them with my paladin. Time to bring out the mystic weapons again. :thumbup1:

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Very true,

11. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

This was the despise invasion with the Ogre and Titan Generals, not the Orphidian invasion...

But I get what you're trying to say. Only if they applied something like that to Orphidians

12. Dame Judi

Dame Judi Guest

Nope gjohnson5, the OP is right. I remember the ophidian invasion of Vesper quite well. In the beginning we were whomping them with archers from boats. That lasted about a week before the ophids were able to teleport us to themselves and beat us to death.

13. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nope... it's been in a lot of the 'recent' invasions... including Orphid and any with berzerks

14. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

15. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

Yes that's what I remember as well, was a real pain when a Berserker spawned on that little island or on one of the bridge landings. if you were trying to kill it to finish the spawn, you would get sucked under the bridge and have no room to joust.

16. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

I guess I don't remember that in the orphidian invasion... However I do remember the where that teleport stuff first started. Right after Reniassance was released they did an event where all despise monsters flooded the outside of Britan. Since Ogres don't cast spells , the devs made it to where if you hit it with a spell you were instantly teleported to the General.

I guess I liked that event more then any other EA has done since Renaissance allowed me to mine and lumberjack without dealing with gankers.... Then I had to stop mining to kill these monsters that filled the mining and lumberjack areas around Britan.

Actually AoS Added Malas, so I'm getting my releases confused

17. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Sorry, where are these berserkers?

18. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

[​IMG]

With Honor 2-4 Minutes tops

19. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Does anyone know where they can be found?