1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ophidian menace repelled

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hoffs, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

After an exhausting fight of nigh on three hours, the brave defenders of Sosaria managed to defeat the latest Shadowlord invasion force, this time in Vesper.

Present at the fight were several Gilfane members, Skyler of I^A, independent TigerDyr and the enigmatic Yahaxithonix.

The battle was long and hard. At last, the Ophidians were driven back north of the town around The Spinning Wheel tailor shop. Once this last pocket of resistance was annihilated, the terrible Crimson Dragon appeared near the tinker's shop in the centre of the town.

The beat was then lured to the clearer area around the docks where the defenders had assembled. The fight against the dragon was the most destructive one yet faced, with bodies of man and beast littering the ground, but once more the forces of good and justice prevailed and the poor citizens of Vesper were freed from a slimy fate for the second time in as many years.

Congratulations to all who took part!

[​IMG]

2. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

YEAAAA!! I can do the collector's quest now!! :cheerleader:

I made the mistake earlier of forgetting about the invasion, and I gated into Vesper. i was quickly eaten and dirt napped by several ophidians!!

So.... is Britain rid of the the invasion yet? If not, can you conquer that next so I can complete the next step of the quest?:mf_prop:

3. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

So did ya get any cool loots?

4. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The Crimson just drops standard peerless loot, although the basic properties seem a little better than normal. Doesn't seem to have any special artifacts of its own.

The higher rank monsters are supposed to give a chance of dropping good stuff, but as yet I have not seen anything above lieutenant.

5. ChumBucket

ChumBucket Guest

As of 1125pm est, East Brit is still overrun with dragons, greaters, Ancient Wyrms, Skeletals, and the human armies. A few of us have tried killing some of it, but it's a bit too much for a stealther like myself... hehe

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Awaits Hoff's next bragging RP post*

7. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

NO!!!!! There still two AW's, two greater dragons, dragons, drakes, and about
    two dozen evil npcs south of the temple of Virtues. I can only nibble just so
    much on this horde....it likes to re-spawn fast...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

8. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Don't they teach you murderous villains grammar? That should be Hoffs' not Hoff's.

9. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

oooh burn! Sweeney got grammered! *wink*

Seriously tho, nice job by GIL for taking on this quest. The two or three other big guilds capable of taken on this thing are just running around in a murderous blood lust of faction arties and sheet talking.

10. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ooh, you said sheet. I'm telling papa Kelmo you gonna ged it!!

11. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

You should post when you are MOUNTING a defense- not when you have completed it.

12. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, the "red" creatures have moved to EAST brit or beyond. In West brit there are some skeleton things that didn't flag on me and a bunch of crazy blue NPCs. So, anyone wanting to do the collector's quest will be safe (as long as things stay the way they are).

13. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

14. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Where did you obtain that Ae? 1st Ive seen that. Crimson Dragon?

15. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Is why I'm first!

16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

It´s from the Collector´s Quest.

U get black pieces that you later put together to get a statue... I like those statues. :)

17. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Dude, don't mess with Hoffs on the grammar. You should see how much he twitches when some of our real Siege gems post on here.:gee:

Oh - and Congrats to Aeowyn on finally being able to complete her quest!

18. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I apologize for such a dishonor. It has been my experience that people who are so intent on correcting errors in grammar rather than errors in judgement have no other defense. As the ghist of my original post was left unscarred, I am assuming it still stands.

19. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

But of course.

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

And no mention of me? Alas.. I stalked you for an hour after you first scoped East Britain out. True I was busy doing homework and only looking for a cheap diversion (now that instanced loot was in effect), but I could have shurikened you when you hid alone beside the 2 dragons and 2 drakes. If you never saw my "Halloween Candy" spoutings I must reconsider my dread at being noticed.

Alas the lag attacked me when I decided to spoil your run and loot a GIL while the rest were out of sight (In reality they were not out of sight). Woe is me.

It was fun though while it lasted. Tis a shame the spawn dragons cannot be herded.