1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ophidian spawn problem in Terathan Keep T2A.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkVoid, May 15, 2008.

1. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

The ophidian spawn at Terathan Keep, in T2A on the Trammel facet seems to double up way beyond the ability of players to handle it.

I went there today to collect ophidian rations and slippery snake skins for the turnins, and spent a lot of the time dying to spawn that increases in number.

I always thought spawn was supposed to adjust to the levels players could handle, not overwhelm them. But this spawn was overwhelming for a few players.

At first if you kill a few ophidians, it's not too bad, then the spawn seems to respawn a bit heavier each time. I died four times and was just killing surface spawn.

Can the EA/Mythic Dev Team please look into the spawn and have it at least adjust to the number of players who are killing it - or trying to kill it?

Oh, and there is also the problem of spawn on one side of a narrow channel casting on you while you're on the other side, and your EV's get stuck on them, and neither will move or pathfind around, nor will the EV's simply start attacking creatures they could easily get to. I really appreciate the EV holding the spawn at one point but the Ophidians take way too long to realize they need to pathfind around to get to where they can be killed by the EV's.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

2. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was there with my warrior and I did pretty well against them. The key is to lure a few down the road where not all can target you at once and taking them out one by one.

Btw, the best way to survive is to not recall directly to the Keep, but coming from the Papua bank, so that you can work your way further into it, or just wait for the Ophidians to respawn.

Just a note: The slippery snake skins only come in one hue, a yellow hue.

3. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Could someone post a screeny of the area?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If the keep is too heavy a spawn try the desert outside Ophidian Lair?

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Are you perhaps on a shard that never cleared out the invaders from almost two years ago? Are any of those ophidians red?

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*note: this is based on experience before the last two publishes - the spawn may have been increased in this area without my knowledge*

Pace yourself, and you may be able to work your way through the spawn. Stay on the edge of the spawn always, and don't be afraid to run away (though be prepared to run through more spawn that has spawned since you cleared it out).
    I've worked my way into the keep and back out many times before (and died trying many more times).
    It's very, very difficult to do solo. It's best to work in a team of at least 3, keeping very very close to each other to avoid attracting too much spawn.

7. miss uo

miss uo Guest

8. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

No, they got cleaned out a month or two back. Oceania would have been one of the last shards to cleanup that spawn though.

On the spawn being too heavy, never got time to think about switching places to a less heavily infested spot, will try that. Thanks, Petra Fyde for that it ought to work!

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

9. sleepyprince

sleepyprince Guest

i belive fire steed n i r the one clear the last few red Ophidian i oceania, when i don't know i shouldn't kill the queen,
    but i do find out there still @ least one shard still have red Ophidian spwan

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!