1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion: Best PvM?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Hiroki Yamamoto, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Morning Everyone,

I've just returned to UO after being a WOW addict for 4 years and I wanted to get some opinions on the Best PvM Skill Set. WOW has a great Armory tool for viewing what other players are setting their skill and armor sets to and I wish UO had the same tool.

From my forum reading it appears the preference is Mage/Tamer. So what do you all think is best for pure PvM/Dungeon killing? Please 'brag' about your exact Skill build...I want to know!

Thanks for any input.
  2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I never learned how to properly play a tamer or mage I suppose, because I always end up dying more on one of those templates than I do on a melee.

Until last year I was a swordsman, but I decided to switch to fencing for faster hits. My main template is a chiv/fencer

110 fencing
    110 tactics
    110 parry
    100 healing
    100 anatomy
    100 chivalry
    the remainder of points dumped into focus.

With my suit I'm at 150 dex, 125 str, and 70 in all resists except poison. Thats only 65/68 (depending if I remember to put my snake skin boots on). I tend to do better on hand to hand than any sort of ranged combat.
  3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008