1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Options for controllers on pc

Discussion in 'UHall' started by pumpkin_escobar, Apr 1, 2013.

1. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

Just wanted to know if anybody out there uses controllers to play uo?
    If so which ones they use...
    I wanna try something other than the keyboard.

Thanks in advance

2. pumpkin_escobar

Oh forgot to add in previous post, if anybody uses a gaming keyboard that works good too

Thanks

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I use a combination of a Logitech G11 keyboard and G13 gaming pad, which gives an obscene amount of assignable/programmable buttons. You could probably argue that the G13 is totally unnecessary for a game like UO, but I find it an awesome piece of kit that ensures my normal keys are all kept just for chat.

Not sure if they still make the G11, but here is the G13:

[​IMG]
    I assign ctrl/shift and alt to the buttons south and west of the mini-joystick, effectively giving you up to 66 macro combinations excluding the joystick. In addition, you have buttons to switch between three keyboard layouts, which I use for different mage setups. The LCD thing at the top has various functions, but I tend to use the countdown timer which is good for Siege ROT and stuff like that.

#3 Hoffs, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    pumpkin_escobar likes this.
  4. pumpkin_escobar

Thanks Hoffs, really appreciate the response. I'm looking into the equipment u mentioned
    I've been reading about razor and
    Corsair products for like two hours now and the k90 is appealing to me so far.

I gotta get back to siege hehe
    Been stuck on cats for awhile now.

5. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've used one of the original 18x3 gaming key G15 keyboards for many years now. The thing just keeps on ticking.

Whenever it does decide to finally give out on me, I will more than likely go to the more recent G510 which also has the 18x3 G key support.

Old G15:
    Logitech_Gaming-Keyboard_G15.jpg

G510:
    logitech_g510_3.jpg

Zosimus and pumpkin_escobar like this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I totally LOVE my G13 and have used it for years. It's amazing to set one base assignment of keys into the thing and then use that for all my characters and with the EC it's EXTREMELY quick and easy for me to set up a macro and put it into use on my G13.

7. pumpkin_escobar

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking g13 is the way to go.
    Any other mouse suggestions?
    I'd like to set up a honor macro on my mouse :)

8. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I personally use the Microsoft Sidewinder X5. Has 2 extra buttons on the side which are Programmable. I use the top one for Vent works really well... I don't really use the bottom one though I suppose I could. The mouse also has 3 programmable speeds which is nice. Fast for PvP slower for web browsing and such..... works good enough. And I like it because it's corded..... no worrying about it running out of juice.

But that's a personal preference I think, somewhat like my use of the Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard. I could never go back to a standard rectangular keyboard ever again... Took some getting use to the split style but now that I have it down I never want to go back...... nice soft leather rests for my hands I love it. NO wrist strain either.

9. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Atm I have a G510 on my other computer but I am having this ordered for my main....

http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-gaming-keyboard

10. pumpkin_escobar

Oh no's I like that too!

11. MalagAste

Yeah bought my son one of those. I could never use that because I really like my Ergonomic board. And actually if I'm not going to be typing a whole lot I rather like having my G-13 in the palm of my one hand and the mouse in the other for combat. No hunting all over the keyboard for my keys.

#11 MalagAste, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013