1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Umfufu, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi All,

Now I have been getting these books as rewards for the Monger Quests.
    I have done 150+ quests sofar and got 20 books in the process.
    All these books were parts 1,2 and 4. Never did I get a part 3.

Some claim the part 3 one gets from the Quests including the dungeon fish.
    I started to believe this due to the lack of drops of the part 3 sofar.

I have 105 fishing, and just turned in a 6er order (no dungeon fish involved), and to my suprise I got this part 3.
    Guess I had really bad luck sofar, or this one is a wee bit rarer drop.

Do these books have ANY use besides the bookness at all? I sure wish to know!
    Should these be considered crap drops or no, I mean for a 6er order with a few 20 fish lines in it ... to get a "useless" book ... is err .. dissapointing.
    At least bait has a function.

Am I silly for saving all these books in the hope there more to it then "just" books?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I got a Part 3 (my only book so far) from a 15 hummer lobster/10 red fish of some sort quest to Papua, so it's not a reward that requires a dungeon fish quest.

For those that don't frequent Stratics or UOGuide, the books do have the purpose of identifying what is out there to catch. Of course, by the time you have the books, you've probably caught most of these items, except the rares and dungeon fish.

3. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So they are "just" books :(
    What a horrible reward ...

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was hoping that there is a way to combine the 4 parts into a powerscroll. (Actually the knowlegde of what to catch where makes the difference between a common fisher and a legendary one.) :D

5. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That is a nice idea, if even 101 PS where you need 20 to make a 105 would already be neat !!