1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Ore Elemental Equipment Breakage

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Fink, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

I'm making a cheap alternative suit to wear when ore elemental mining as I am aware they can destroy armour and clothing too.

Does anyone know if this destruction also extends to jewelery? I have a pendant of the magi and an alchemist's bauble plus an imbued ring. Logic would dictate that only the ring is at risk as it has durability points, but then clothing does not. Also, I wonder about eyeglasses such as Brightsight Lenses.

I'm doing a whole throw-away suit anyway to be safe, but it occurred to me to ask.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The devs say that anything that isn't Blessed, Cursed, or Insured is at risk, regardless of whether it has durability or not. The breaking chance ignores durability, and is a straight "the item breaks" result.

3. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

Good idea Fink. I'll do the same.
    I had it happen once when I dug up a valorite elemental - fortunately my miner wasn't wearing anything fancy at the time, but he suddenly felt the heat of the sun on his belly - and not just because he had run out of the cave where he was digging.

4. My smith uses an all 70 set he made himself with bronze runics (except gloves are +5 mining). It's all insured and that may explain why he hasn't lost any pieces lately.
    :mf_prop: