1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ore in the middle of woods.

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by mysticwolf111, Aug 12, 2010.

1. I switched some things on my favorite char and started training cartography and lockpicking to find buried treasure. Got me a map and went looking. I searched with no luck for about 10 minutes. Then HAHA! digging sound! However I am mining Iron Ore out of the woods outside of Skare Brae by the little lake? Is this a glitch or is this the spot and I'm doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated:)

2. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

Are you sure you are clicking the map first and then chose "dig for treasure" ?

Or, are you clicking a shovel and try to dig the treasure up? In the second case you'll only dig ore (if available on that spot).

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, there are spots where you can mine in most "green" areas. They look like knobs of stone barely exposed out of the ground, in the CC. There was one Valorite spot in Haven on Lake Austin, behind the old bank, that people used to dig with gargoyle pickaxes before the town blew up, just to see the panic ensue when the thing started walking toward new characters that didn't know how to yell "Guards" yet.

4. I went on to read about the "green" ore spots after this and yes I was just clicking the shovel and then the ground. lol Thanks so much for the reply though. Apparently im not much of a treasure hunter still cant find this chest.

5. What shard are you on? Perhaps you can hook up with another T-Hunter to give you a few tips on how to find the spot.

6. I play great lakes under the name Nicholai. I just dont seem to be able to find these spots.