1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Origami Paper & Origami Fish...How and where do you get them at?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Firedutch, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Firedutch

Firedutch Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I checked everywhere on Stratics and google searched and cannot find anything on the specifics on drop rate of origami paper on fan dancers and the specifics on how to get a fish from the paper which i understand is the rarest to get?

Anyone have a source location or any specifics? Im really needing to get my hands on 6 or so origami fish for decorating purposes and hunted fan dancers for hours with minimal luck (the drop rate for TOT is much higher than the drop rate for the origami paper it seems).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. nemo

nemo Guest

The easiest way to get the fish is to be on a female char and to be drunk.....no i'm not kidding , it really does work

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

not sure where the 'female char' comes into it, but you do need to be drunk, and lucky.
    I don't think the drop rate has ever been revealed, but when you get an origami paper there is a 1:5 chance of it being each of the standard 5 types. If you are drunk the fish is added to the mix and you have a 1:6 chance of folding the paper into a fish.

4. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I seem to remember reading somewhere that your dexterity level is relevant, but I can't remember where, nor how credible the source was.

5. Fan Dancers drop the normal origami paper

6. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I never knew that.. chalk that up to my "learned sumthin' new about UO today" item!

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

I just tried it, male character, drunk, Got 2 fish out of the 2 origami paper I had.

8. Bo Hica

Bo Hica Guest

ok it has everything to do with you drinking the right alcohol and doing it while drunk. I believe it was ale, but I have not done it since shortly after the ML release. I used to wear tri-corners back then but cannot remember if that was part of it or not.

9. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Drink like a fish i believe was the first clue we were given when it came out :D
    I remember sitting in an inn with a couple of guild mates with a bunch of origami till all we saw on screen was *hic* we got so many fish that night heh

10. Two bottles of wine.

11. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Can anyone picture doing this in real life in a Origami making class? ;)

- "Ok class, today we learn how to make a fish in Origami."

Step 1 : Get drunk !
    Step 2 : ...........

I doubt alot of fishies are going to look good when folded! :D

Of course its a excelent excuse when you get home drunk.
    You can always explain your wife you have been at the Origami class.

Hihi

12. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Drunk (very!), on a male character, I got 1 fish out of 6 papers.

edit : drink was liquor and char is a dexxer.