1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Origin EM Drop

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Larisa, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I was quite surprised to not see any of these listed seconds after the event ended :)

Just curious on how much an item like this is worth.

It does NOT open but you can drop items in it....so you have to be careful lol.

When you click it, it makes the greater heal spell sound and sparkles, cool down of about a minute?

[​IMG]

2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Have you tried placing this on a vendor to see if you can open it?

3. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

You can open it when it's on a vendor but you can't take anything out of it. I put one bandage in it to test. When you take it off the vendor it's still un-openable.

4. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Maybe try turning it when it's locked down to see if it can open? Cute box btw :)

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

LOL thanks! I thought so too, our EM creates some cute little mini event arcs.

But yeah I tried that too, it just won't open! Kinda weird huh? That it has the contents/stones amount but you can't open it? :/ Still cool, and pretty blue!

6. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

can you open it up by placing it a pack horse or pack llama?

Lord Nabin likes this.
  7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

if you get items "stuck" in it you can put the box on a packhorse to take them back out. as for value, not really sure. not being able to use it as an actual container hurts value a good bit, but its also a 10 drop and some people like goblin stuff. i wouldnt expect it to go for much more than 100m but never know. cool item :)

#7 Smoot, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Lord Nabin likes this.
  8. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

:( I was feeling bad last night and after the GL event I just went to bed. When I checked this morning and didn't see any event items from Origin for sale I was glad I went to bed...now that I see this I can be mad at myself!! But I did finally get my first event drop last night..When I saw the little Message "An Items Has Been Placed In Your Bag" I cheered out loud...only to moments later realize that it wasn't the drop but it was some mystic spellbook artifact haha...the UO Gods are making fun of me.

Olcher likes this.
  9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yeah you can take the item out if it's on a pack animal.

Sorry Jason! lol I felt the same. I always check right after an event to see what the item is worth. When I saw none here this morning I found it odd so I had to ask.

I figure that since it makes noise and sparkles that would add value, the fact that it's a container you can't really use takes away value...so I had to ask!

It's a neat little item.

10. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

Have there been event containers like this in the past? Maybe this is something the EM will come back and fix.

11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yeah we had one before our current EM, the Grinch in a Box...was a christmas gift box graphic but didn't open.

12. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

75-150m estimate imo. peeps like chests, but they like them to work also, and its a cute name and cool color.

13. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

There was another metal box like this a while back, I forget the name; I recall Daegan had one that his Poseidon's set accidentally fell into. It took a GM to get it out.

If anyone has one for sale, please contact me! :D

14. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

15. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter