1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

origin new scripter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by wanderer1origin, Nov 29, 2008.

1. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

go tamer shop luna watch person walk through boxes happening now!

2. Latobian

Latobian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, he's been at it since 10am EST time that I've seen today. Of course I've been off and on, but he's been there, pacing, since then and is still going.

Very interesting, that one can walk through a line of solid objects so smoothly!

3. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That is sad :sad4:

4. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

Yay!
    Sometimes I wonder if cheating gets more advertising than fairplay.
    I think some accounts need perma-flames coming out all of their characters' heads.

x: Perma-flames on heads with -20% in all resists and skills for 6 months. That'd be a great 1st warning for cheating, imo.

5. wanderer1origin

was bagged least seen in jail so maybe maybe gms work though was walking through boxes since 10am est time all said done page, pray lol gm figure out we are a community of players a few bad eggs riles rest up!!!!!!!

6. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

7. wanderer1origin

if u can walk no issues few a few variety of boxes with out pausing moving replacing pm me how am interested!!!!!!!!! this was seemless and in tram luna!!!!!!!!!! not noticeing rest of crowd!!!!!!!!

8. looks like i missed him :( oh well :|

9. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Just feel the need to clarify something here. a Script can in NO way enable your character to walk through objects that are normally impassable.

First of all, a script can only do the same actions as you the player can, it can do it faster, more precise and without getting bored, but the same restrictions apply.
    Secondly, collision detection in UO is server based, no matter what you do to your client, you will not be able to walk through anything that is impassable, the server will stop you.

If this person was indeed walking through impassable objects, he was using some other software, packet injection or other server-client datastream manipulation.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You're wrong, they made the impassable flag client side. It used to be server side, but they changed it because people were using the rubberband technique to get past the boxes, etc. People can now edit their files and can walk through boxes, haystacks, etc. The list goes on.

They need to change it back to server side.

Before you throw out big words trying to act like a smart guy you should know more about the situation.

11. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Then it's still not a script, my point is still valid. And if collision detection was entirely client side, as you say, we'd be able to walk through walls and everything by simply editing some local files. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it, why aren't they?

12. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

The problem with this cheater looks to have been solved.
    Problem solved.
    Good job.
    Cheating is bad; and that's why many people do not cheat.

13. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Collision detection is Client Side that's why the hacks like the stump hack work.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Speed hacks/Object hacks are both based on the same principle. It saves bandwidth to do check client-side more than server-side. If the server had to check everything, there would be no movement hacks.. but the game would run slower. It is all about the tradeoff. If there was a faster server(s) they could afford the extra check.

15. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

client side collision checking is when you don't rubber band, server side is when you rubber band

has nothing to do with any hack. actually if you hacked away all the trees and made them invisible you would just rubber band on every blank spot where the server knows there is a tree.

the main reason people use tree hack is to get rid of the tree canopies and branches for doing Oaks in T2A.

16. You can STILL rubberband past blocking objects. It happened to me in my own house last week during a lag-storm... I blocked myself in behind a row of locked down boxes. LOL!

17. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah.. they can with ball bags too. They can script it or edit the game data files.

18. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So much misinformation in this thread it's scary...

19. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

It seems dynamic objects are client side and static objects are server side. Seeing the limitations on those art file hacks.

20. don't forget tables/chandlabras :O

21. Splup

Splup Guest

Btw. Anyone else thinks it's frustrating that you cant walk over rats with a horse/mare/cu sidhe/whatever :(

22. You are refering to fel? correct.. lol.. if so then yes i do, aswell as little bird that have no use :|

23. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

25 feathers are worth their weight in gold on my shard :)

24. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

so what your saying is that this person edited some fiel(s).
    sounds like a hack not a script.

25. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

really ? i figured it was to reduce lag.. less art loading and taking memory.