1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Origin not a live server?

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Intrepida, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Intrepida

Intrepida Guest

Was just looking at the log in screen it says see latest updates to Origin and to the Live servers? Is origin the test server? Do we get wiped at a reset. Has it happened in the past. WHat the story not sure I want to bring my 6 year old toons to the shard.

2. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Origin is a live server. It is used as a place to test changes after changes that actually have been tested in the test shard but before they go to the rest of the live shards. I am sure that there have been some reversals of changes but they never wipe the server because it is a live server and many people play here every day.

3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Essentially, Origin gets all the publishes first as a "live" test shard. But its a shard that people play on and it never gets wiped. So it is a "live" server that serves the purpose of being the public testbed.

4. Intrepida

Intrepida Guest

Once again thank you all. This is my crutch in life and I couldnt stand to lose it. You all have been very kind and helpful. This is my escape from my life. My wife used to play but now her health is to bad to even do that. The doctors cant say how long but they have said woiuldnt be surprised in in next 6 months. She has proved them wrong before though. I have no family to help and also am raising our two daughters. Had top stop working to care for her this spring but thank the lord I have my military retiremnt pay and military disability to help. So I come here as a place where the world is good and all things are possible. Thank again for you kindness and understanding all.

5. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

Intrepida, if you ever need anyone to yell at or just to talk to i'm here for you. I've been where you're at now and it doesn't get any easier. God Bless You

6. Latobian

Latobian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Intrepida, I can't say I understand completely your situation as I've never been there - but do know I'm here for you if you need anything at all! I do, however, understand all too well what it's like to have a chronic illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

- Melissa (a.k.a., Corin Latobian)