1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Origin Store :/ Any suggestions please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UOMarissa, Sep 14, 2012.

1. UOMarissa

UOMarissa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am needing to upgrade an account to Stygian Abyss. I have used the store a few times, but this upgrade code has me stumped. I click to add it to my cart, it then tells me I have already purchased this item and to remove it. With this certain account, do they not know there are 9 accounts tied to it?? Now I am line to the escalate to see what they can do. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Perhaps try using you account name that needs the upgrade followed by _uo when you try to purchase instead of the master account. No idea if that will work but can't hurt to try while you wait.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As UO Liaison I am able to tell you that the problem is being looked into :)

4. UOMarissa

UOMarissa Journeyman

Thank you Petra :) Being my impatient self, I also sent a message to Mesanna as I am not sure how the escalating thing works. Wanted the issue looked into by the right people.

5. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

How about increasing the number of objects you can buy. My credit card company think origin is illegal when i have to make 5 separate trasactions to buy 5 soulstones. Plus i am sure they have to pay more for the 5 transactions! Are they stupid or just poor business people?

Arrgh, BeaIank and Fogsbane like this.
  6. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

PayByCash - Ultima Online™ Game Codes

It is actually more expensive here, but it doesn't have the same limitation Origin Store has about your email.
    I had to buy mine from there because Stygian Abyss is still not available in Brazil store...

7. Spoontoes

Spoontoes Guest

I raised a ticket about this some time ago, the reply was effectively:

'We limit the amout of purcahses to one as a saftey measure so that customers don't accidentally buy too many'

or in other words: 'We think our customers are too stupid to know how many times to click a button'

That was one of the inital nails in the coffin for me.

8. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I just went to the store to buy some soulstones and found that I STILL have to buy them one at a time. :lame:

9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

At least they could sell a five pack (or even a 3 pack)

10. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

This is the third time players have bitched about this to the nth degree.
    Look....... i own 53 accounts, I play 47 of the darn things and do you think I could get them to understand 1 at a time just dont cut it??
    3 Times now just getting upgrades has triggered on their side a fraud alert, and I have had to undo the same at my bank !! This is a major headache.. I want the old site back... at least I got what I ordered all in one go.... when it worked that is.
    Or Fix the bloody thing so I can shop in one trip an not worry about the back lash from ether side of the CC!!!!!!:mad:

11. temu

temu Lore Keeper

LOL... what on EARTH do you do with 53 accounts?!

12. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So ummm, how does this work now? I bought 2 codes for Legacy Tokens. Got serial numbers but no code. Any help?

13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

At the origin web page there is a help section... you can wait and log in monday and do the call you back option and beleave me they will call you right back. So dont walk far from the phone. Tell them the trouble and they should find your codes or replace them for you.

Now as for you Temu...*shakes head* what do you think i do with that many accounts..... (waits for smart alec remark) I play UO. Silly goosling!:rolleyes:

temu likes this.
  14. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Th
    Thanks Lady Storm. It was my own lack of attention that was the problem. When I pasted the code into the help menu section, paste was adding a space at the end. Removed that and it worked fine.

15. temu

temu Lore Keeper

Let's say you have 5 chars per account, ...thats 265 characters. Great lakes doesn't even have that many unique players, lol. I can do all of the content on UO with one single account. So, I'm really fascinated by this. Aside from "playing UO", what are you up to?

16. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Or
    only has 1 character per account she might only play on seige .:hug:

#16 Lady Michelle, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    temu likes this.
  17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Hehe I play Siege... I play alot of the shards... and i got the houses to prove it! jus got a new castle today too!!! yipeee

I have 6 chars per on 99% and 7 on another few, and its rare my son left room for one or two with gifts and all he has filled gaps!!!

Well in answer to what I do outside run UO ragged....... hmm Well I been painting terrain for my son and friends warhammer gameboard. I do alot of art type things most call crafts. Knit, sew, crochet, read, collect gems, grow a garden (my Violet has gone nuts this year!) I collect small stuffies, dragons and dolls ... I do cooking and baking. I also write. (I have ghosted a good deal) When I get time I also do woodworking. Cant help that one I am from a very long line of Master and Journeymen carpenters.......

18. temu

temu Lore Keeper

Bless you, storm.

19. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

A little of both I am guessing. I have often wondered why you cannot purchase multiple items of the same type. Even more humorous is calling and and listening to the CSR on the other end who knows little to nothing about what it is you are asking about. I suppose the best quote I ever received was regarding a billing issue (imagine that) and I stated I was playing Ultima Online. There was a long silence followed by, "people still play that?" It was a informative call to say the least.