1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Origin Store fail......but good ending.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hobo Sapien, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I purchased a code from the store for a forged tool of artifacts. Tried to apply code, got message code invalid...
    So went to site and put in a call me request. Very nice fella Mathias gave me a call. Turns out they are sending the code at least for this item, not sure about others. In the wrong format. The code I received was dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dd so 5 sets of 4 with 2 on the end. It should have been the first set 6 chars long followed by
    4 sets of 5 chars. For example hhhhhh-hhhhh-hhhhh-hhhhh-hhhhh. Rearranged my code and worked like a champ.

2. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

3. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

top sticky on this forum.
    this issue has been around for a month or so now.
    frustrating little bugger isnt it?

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly why the in game store is a good idea! Origin is a mess.

#4 Uvtha, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  5. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

It's not just the Forged Tool that issues incorrectly formatted codes, the same thing happens to Legacy Token purchases. Has anyone had this issue with anything else from the EA Store?

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yeah I made post about the awesome GM I got when I paged about my Kings Collection code.
    (I thought since the email emphasized with bold print to put the code in exactly as it appears the issue had been fixed. Silly!)

7. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Yep... around for months. The problem is that not everyone who plays UO or purchases from the Origin store reads Stratics, which is NOT an official UO forum.

The very least that UO and Mesanna could do is put an announcement in the Patcher about the issue until it gets fixed.