1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OSI IDOCs - crash issue with them.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_DarkVoid, Apr 16, 2008.

1. On 2 different PC's now, I have been at an OSI IDOC, and if I accidentally attempt to walk onto the plot while it's at slightly worn or somewhat worn when it won't let you go onto the plot, CRASH! The UO program exits to the desktop and I'm asked to send Microsoft an error report.

Crashing also happens at any time when I'm hidden/stealthed and either say something or use a skill while a house placement cursor is on my mouse pointer.

I'd really like it if the EA/Mythic Dev Team could look into the cause of the crashing.

I can be reached by PM if there's somewhere better to put this. I don't know if giving my system specs or DirectX info will help but if it will maybe there's a few more crash bugs that can be laid to rest.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I know of such a house and i attempted to duplicate your crash with no success. I even tried getting a running start and couldn't get it to crash. Why do they make those public OSI houses private anyway? We know its full of loot already so either take it out of decay or just let it fall already.

3. ya, I find that video and sound card drivers are pretty important to keep up to date, but there are times I've updated a device and it ran worse, but glad to see it was an easy fix for you.

4. <blockquote><hr>

I know of such a house and i attempted to duplicate your crash with no success. I even tried getting a running start and couldn't get it to crash. Why do they make those public OSI houses private anyway? We know its full of loot already so either take it out of decay or just let it fall already.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF they are full of loot don'tcha think some of the shady people will try to 'get' it ?

5. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think you will find they dont make them private. What happens is when they refresh it becomes private and remains so for a day or so. After that time it reverts to public and all have access till the next cycle.

With regards to the bug I dont have your particular one but sometimes when I recall after an idoc I crash. I have got into the habit of recalling to Moonglow Bank before I recall home to be safe. Weird.

6. stevensnr6

stevensnr6 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The UO program exits to the desktop and I'm asked to send Microsoft an error report.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found that disabling this Microsoft option reduces program crashes exponentially (in fact alot of gaming crashes are caused by these minor memory glitches or program response errors that the game would continue on with). You are not special, Microsoft isn't going to find a reason for the crash and collaborate with EA to fix it (seriously you are just needlessly feeding a database at Microsoft). Disable Error Reporting as follows:

Start Button --&gt; Settings --&gt; Control Panel --&gt; System --&gt; Advanced --&gt; at the bottom Error Reporting --&gt; DISABLE ERROR REPORTING (Check the Box) choose Ok, then Ok and it's done.

Peace.