1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: Atlantic shard... hehehe.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guest, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The Atlantic shard has been down for almost 12 hours now... Muhahaha! That's UO's way of welcoming in the new year.

Happy 2008 all you Atlantian!!! Good Luck in the future...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Those hackers regularly break their server.

There's a couple funny old Crazy Joe stories about major bugs that crashed the server:

1. For a while, slimes would split when damaged, so using an area affect spell repeatedly would get thousands of them - slowing the server. It got worse when the slimes went grey and town NPCs would attack them.

2. For a while, guards would go grey when they whacked a PC and could in-turn be GW'd, so getting someone GW'd would set off a cascade of GW'ings of guards, with 2 guards showing up every time a guard was whacked. This shut the server down really fast.

3. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A friend of mine on Atlantic tamed all the polar bears on ice island. He put them all on a boat so he could train peace keeping. This was pre UO:R. A GM showed up and told him he couldn't do that because he was making the whole shard lag.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Lol. Hopefully he crossed server lines.

5. <blockquote><hr>

1. For a while, slimes would split when damaged, so using an area affect spell repeatedly would get thousands of them - slowing the server. It got worse when the slimes went grey and town NPCs would attack them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was on Atlantic... and I was there when it happened. We successfully crashed the server... oh, good times.

6. RobY330i

RobY330i Guest

Since we're on the subject of Atlantic, is there anyone interested in gold exchange from siege to Atlantic?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know you, so I will have to suggest you contact Cybernickel. He's the trusted broker here.

8. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

Ill send you Ardens icq he is another trusted broker as well.

9. Jason619

Jason619 Guest