1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: best digital video camera

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by pikon198, Dec 27, 2007.

1. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

whats the best out there atm ?? I want one that when im done filming with it i can upload it onto my laptop and edit/cut scenes from what was recorded, perhaps do some other nifty things that i aint currently aware of. Anyone got some suggestions, i want it to be kinda small too so i can take it comfortably with me to places. Thanks!
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Check here for editorial reviews & recommendations in PC World.

Consumer Reports (consumerreports.org) also often has excellent product reviews and recommendations. They usually provide a lot of previous model repair & consumer satisfaction data to give you an idea of what you might expect from the manufacturer's newest offering. When I have a major purchase, I just sign up for a month for $5 to read the reviews I want, then cancel it when it is up.

*edit* eeeep! I linked to the evil Aussie PC World site...the article is still good though. [​IMG]

Here is a link to the U.S. site which reviews 10 models.

3. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

thank you Skylark, now to do some shopping woot, i got 1k RL mulla to spend and i wanna buy a few niceties muahahaha. Any suggestions on a good new mp3 player as well ???
  4. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

A lot of cameras are HD, but the trick is keeping them in HD once you get it to your laptop and onto a dvd. If you live in the U.S., then you better know someone. [​IMG]
  5. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

im just mostly looking for a camera where i can edit and stuff on the computer once i film a few scenes, me and my freinds want to make a few short movies, kinda like some robot chicken kinda stuff and we wan a camera that we can add like music and sound effects later after the filming is finished, stuff like that. So high def isnt to important. As long as everyting is pretty visable im good.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

I recommend the Zen Vision: M by from creative in the MP3 Player field. Cheaper than an Ipod of the same variety, and I've had not problems with mine in over a year.
  7. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

sweet thanks there. [​IMG]