1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: Biggest Fish?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bennos Morales, Jul 5, 2009.

1. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a pretty big fish!

2. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

a doozie, indeed!

3. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

holy ****, makes me wana go fishing, and that was def caught in america ;p

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am glad my husband didn't catch that monster...or it would have been taxidermy $stuffed, ending up on our den wall beside his monster rainbow trout and other dead critters. :)

5. The odd part is how the guy had a 30lb'er already hooked....then came the big one....just proves that you may think you are the big fish until you are being reeled in.;)

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Amazing his line held up. Regardless of the fact that the fish would not be fighting a while lot (the original cant move, and I dont see the bigger one doing a lot of action, just trying to keep the other in his mouth). Thats still 80lbs on the line easy. So any fight would spike that line substanually. I dont think you run much more than 100lb test when fishing for Northern Pike in the great lakes.

But in all fairness thats a big fish. Its too bad my sons last diaper made that fish look like a feeder fish from the pet store.

7. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've hauled in a 34 lb big boy using 6 pound test line. Just takes longer that way :)

8. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The way I read it they caught it most likely through gaff or net, since it mentions not being eligible for a record since it wasn't hooked.

9. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well if you look at the picture you will see the smaller fish is hooked. And the bigger one bit it broad side. Thus the larger one is not hooked, but rather wouldnt let go of the smaller, hooked one

10. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, you have to be very gentel. If it starts to pull, let it out. Takes forever. But doable. Im just suprised with what would be a good size fish on, then a monster aswell. But like I said i doubt they fought hard.