1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT Darkfall stance on cheats

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by John Connelly, Apr 27, 2009.

1. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have never played Darkfall but according to this post on their forums they seem to be taking a firm stance on cheating. Maybe UO can learn something here.

"We banned 213 cheaters today. These are the people using 3rd party programs to cheat with. They were not banned for macroing, they were banned for cheating. They were automatically detected and also verified manually in a variety of ways. This number represents 90% of the cheaters in Darkfall right now. The rest have also been detected, and we’re waiting for them to be verified before we ban them as well.

These people were warned repeatedly. They chose to believe that we cannot detect what’s going on in our game. They took the word of the makers of these hacks over the word of the creators and administrators of the game. There are no exceptions. We don’t care if journalists, clan leaders, or our friends are among them. They were cheating in order to gain an unfair advantage over the rest of us. They deserve to be banned.

What comes into play here is something called “selfish punishment” in social science. Cheaters are likely to be some of the most outspoken people against cheating, and more likely to report cheaters. This is as so to maximize the benefit for themselves - taking it away from others. This is also the case here; we recognize some of the people from the boards habitually accusing the company for not doing anything and complaining that cheating is rampant in Darkfall, when in reality it’s not.

If you cheat in the game, you will lie about it too. Whenever we ban a cheater he or she will appeal to the community, denying it on the forums. Then come the excuses to Darkfall support about their little brother, their roommate, or about their account being hacked. So now we expect a couple of hundred people to take to the boards. Threads along these lines will be removed and posters will be banned. Darkfall Support has been instructed to not provide more than the automated ban message. Do not side with these people just because you may have played with them and didn’t happen to observe them cheating. They were cheating beyond a shadow of a doubt, detected and verified in more than one ways. There is no appeals process, our decision is final, and we will not reveal our methods.

We will keep aggressively detecting and banning players that cheat in the game. If you’re not running 3rd party cheats, you have nothing to worry about. Those that don’t take our word for it, will be banned like those banned today."

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

ROFL, like UO would ever think to do that...la

3. Mr. Sly

Mr. Sly Guest

LOL DarkFAIL online ..i heard it sucked

4. TheScoundrelRico

They lost a possible customer when I couldn't actually buy an account. ROFL. Kinda hard to play if you can't log in...la

5. Mr. Sly

Mr. Sly Guest

my cousins been trying to get acct for atleast a while it seems it really is ridiculous i know they are a small company but they needed to have atleast most of their **** together before they started "letting people play"...

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

those from uo that went there and get banned will probably come back here and say "im back, did u miss me"

7. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to be the first to formally welcome back all you siege players back from Darkfall. I guess the same things that are totally undetectable by EA are very easy to spot by DF.

8. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Does UO have 213 players to ban?

9. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

We did before DF and we are about to get them all back again. Yeah cheaters :)

10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Expect several "I'm back" postes here

11. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'll sell you my account. PM me ...
    Never even been played.

12. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have one I'm willing to sell...
    Never even been played, PM me...

13. TheScoundrelRico

2 mill UO gold...la

14. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Add another 8 mill and its yours ;) .

15. TheScoundrelRico

Eh, with summer here...I'm not really that interested in starting up another game account...la

16. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aye, same feelings here.
    I know someone will grab it though. ;) :thumbsup:

17. Why you not going to play it Elf?

18. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I did want to start playing a month ago to be ahead of the pack when they get the USA servers up and going but with summer here now and my reinterest in UO/Siege Perilous also work too I don't have enough time.
    I recently went from 6 UO accounts to 2 too. ;)

19. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

meeb lub lat!!!!!

20. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

But wait didn't all the Uhallers say people cheat in UO because they released the source code for 2d and there would be no cheating in UO if they got rid of the 2d client. Did Darkfalls have its source code released too? :pancakes: