1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: Deployment Video

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Cruxshadow, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

Hey guys, I'm sitting here bored at work and facebook BSin with my old ship buddies. They are headed out on deployment again today (haha suckers!) and it reminded me of the video I put together on my last deployment. Not real point to this post, just think some of yall might like it. Wish my buddies luck on thier next 7-9 months out in the middle of nowhere lol.

Cool thing about this video, the song was named Gunlinger, and the ship's nickname was the same. feel free to flame spray my video too haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6g7vfwFg5c

(note: some of the pictures, like the CWIS one from '05, are a bit older, but most were taken on deployment or in the months leading up)

2. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

oh ya, another funny thing, my brother, who hosted this video for me, was the guy who created the keyboard cat phenomenon last year haha, sadly his original video had to be taken down for some reason (his was the one with the guy in a wheelchair falling down the escalator haha)

3. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

My father was in the navy,my uncle was in the army,my grandfather was in the navy,and my great uncle was in the army was a colonel he was up for general but there was too many generals in the area so he never made general...thank you for all you do...

4. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

lol, dont thank me, Im out now. I get to go home everynight and be with my wifey. If its anything like last time, these guys have backed up toilets, rough seas, rough toilet paper, and a food shortage to look forward too haha (we ate rice and peperoni for breakfast, lunch, and dinner like a month!)

5. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That explains the backed up toilets.

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this is a true story:
    my father was in the Korean conflict, in the air force. He got there, with his group. They found an empty tent and moved in. The next morning, they smelled coffe and went to the mess tent. Asked for their mess cards (or whatever they are called) they pleaded for mercy and were fed.
    After several days of no one coming to get them (and no one knowing where they were supposed to go) they mustered up a representative committee of volunteers and made an appointment to see the head of whereever they were at. (base commander?) They were afraid of not being where ever they were supposed to be, and being labeled awol, which could get you shot.
    When they explained the situation to the commander, his answer was "get the ^%&$ out of here. I don't have time for you."
    They found a group that would let them attach, and did their thing. To this day, it remains a mystery to my father. He says he was dumb not to just go to Tokyo and spend the war there.
    Oh yeah- they also shorted him 3 months pay, which he never saw hide nor hair of.

Our troups are the best. Their superiors, I have to wonder about.

7. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

yeah, and these are the d bags who make the big bucks too lol.

my time on the ship was spent under a ****ty chian of command (of course, i hear they have a good one now). haha, the worst was that my Chief was a total ****** and HATED me because i was one of the only guys in the division that didnt constantly kiss his *ss and come over to his house to try to bang one of his daughters... haha