1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Desktops

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Fanta(Siege), Jan 6, 2010.

1. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

What does everyone think on lenovo brand computers?

Any good for gaming?
    Anyone ever used one?
  2. Lenovo's are nice. They make decent laptops as we looked at them for Desktops for the Computer Labs, but we had imaging issues with their NIC. [Nothing a single user would notice or even run into.]

Gaming really isn't determined by Brand it's more CPU Type, AMT of Ram and Vid Card these days.

But a Lenovo would certainly hold up for Reliability from my experience.
  3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

I personally like their laptops, but they're more geared towards the business market instead of the home/gaming market. So you'll find average gaming machines, which is usually enough (especially for UO), but if you're a hardcore gamer they won't do.
  4. MikeD

MikeD Guest

dont buy a pc dude, always have a friend build you one, if you know someone that can that is
  5. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    Aye. Even going to a computer store and finding an honest associate is better than buying a package deal. You can buy a turd of an HP for 700$ from Walmart, or buy a nice ass Dell for the same price.
  6. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Or you can do just like I did. Instead of a new computer I bought a flat screen and an x box. ^^