1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: dubai

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dubai doesn't impress me, not one bit. Check out some of the human rights violations stemming from the building of that city, not to mention the fact that they completely destroyed the ecosystem along their coastline to make "pretty islands"

Money begets idiocy, says I

/Roo

3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

No doubt that Dubai has some issues as you've mentioned, but they're one of the few nations in the middle east trying to derive a future source of income (tourism) once the oil runs out.

4. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ecosystem schmeecosystem. Bring on the pretty islands!

5. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was listing to a show about Dubai on the radio, They have no infrastructure to support all the building over there. the building have tanks to hold the sewage and the have trucks to pump it out. The palm islands have no water circulation around them and the water is stagnating in the lagoons. They were talking to one of the crane operators and he was living in the crane for 2 years. Since the big drop in oil prices most all bulding has come to a halt and the are revoking the visas to all the constuction worker and kicking them out of the country. The airport parking lots are fulled with adbandoned cars from every one leaving.

6. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Toldya. That place sux.