1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(OT) Hackers in general

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Strom, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strom

Strom Guest

I'm gonna start this off by saying i'm not personally attacking anyone just making a general statement.

To be so jealous of someone at a video game to steal their information is pathetic and childish. Thieves are the biggest cowards in the world and to steal is the lowest act. Anyone that has done this i hope you feel like a winner by stealing. We all know that's the right way to win.

2. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Its also illegal and thus one better be FOR SURE who the thieve is before making claims because there is this thing called deflamation (spelling?)

I agree it is pathetic to steal something from someone thats just a pixil.
    Ill make this recomendation for whom ever it was that got hacked. Go through the proper channels and dont broadcast your progress because running around in game telling me that so and so was trying to steal (hack) your stuff is something a kid would do to get attention

3. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ya Im sure so many people are jealous over a video game... what was you saying earlier about being childish? Lol grow up kid.

4. Strom

Strom Guest

Kage is exhibiting kid like behavior

5. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Says the guy who made the cry post...

6. Strom

Strom Guest

Says the guy who defends the thief you picked a real good side to root for.
    :yell:

7. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Call the Police, let them do there jobs. They will tell you who did it. Until then stop accusing people of commiting a crime. It will really not work well for you.

8. Strom

Strom Guest

When did i accuse i made it very clear that this wasnt a personal attack and then u guys all take offense to it. Do u guys feel guilty? If not then whats the problem??

9. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

This is so stupid if he really got his account "hacked" he needs to stop talking about it call the police and go that route because this he did this they did that stuff isnt helping his cause.

I beg for the mods to go ahead and lock this one please for me. I dont think i can handle many more crazy pills. I promise it will not be helpfull in anyway shape or form....

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

There are only 5 reasons you get hacked:
    Your username/password is easily guessed or found with a dictionary program.
    You let other people know your username/password.
    You have such valuables to make the effort worthwhile. This still requires an easily found username/password.
    You really ticked someone off. Again this requires an easily found username/password.
    The database where this information is stored was hacked first.

Four out of five require some sort of stupidity on the victim's part.

11. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly im not even responding to this post. It is more targeting the icqs going back and forth between parties I will not name here.

12. Strom

Strom Guest

No personal attacks going on no grounds to lock it tell me how this breaks ROC?

13. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Your implications are a good enough reason for me to get offensive expecially when hes running around in game screaming it at anyone who will listen...

14. HaHa

HaHa Guest

If this happened to you then that sucks.and.sorry that happened to you. Account hacking is completely uncalled for because even though you totallygriefed someone into the ground , you also remove that person from the game for a long period of time , if not permanately and therefore remove any further oppurtunity to get under that players skin.

15. Strom

Strom Guest

I have not been in game and this is not in game sir

16. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Anyone that has been icq'd by Tek (practically all of KOC), knows what this thread is about. Stop the crying Storm, I don't think Tek needs you to hold his hand through this matter. He seems intelligent enough to go through the proper channels, and already said what he's going to do about it.

Until then, s t f u with the accusations and play the game. Because this surely is a defamation of character.

p.s. Do what you do best, play stupid about how you haven't already set your sights on who did it.

17. Strom

Strom Guest

Well it seems everyone KoC has reading comprehension problems. I clearly stated that i wasn't in game. I have no knowledge of events prior to this post, this is not a personal attack does everyone got me now?

18. Black magick

Black magick Guest

lol this place is a crazy pill in and of itself. To me atleast. Helps me chill. XD @ storm, if it is you who got "hacked" in this situation, i seriously doubt it was jealousy that did it.

19. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think we (KoC). Have a reading comprehension problem. As stated by Forsaken, Tek has pretty much icqed everyone in KoC, and I am sure else were. Telling people he has gotten hacked, he some how lost some 120 scrolls and other items from his home but still owns the house that the items got stolen from. You said you were not in game, and have no knowledge of events prior to this post yet, you say..

It seems you are pointing fingers at people, and do know something prior to this post.

If Tek really thinks he got hacked and it wasnt someone that had access to it that stole his items. Then he can call the police. File a report. Send that report to E.A.. E.A. will then work with the police give them the IP address where it can be tracked. He can then find the person who did hack him, and the persue what he wants to do from there. Either filing charges or beating the crap out of the person.

20. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Yes, because you're not in vent, and I surely haven't been asked via icq right?

Apparently being in game, doesn't seem to matter. Good going though kiddo. Seems to me someone is still buttsore about being screwed over by probably, one of his own friends in the past, and then accusing Soulweaver.

You, Dante, and Razic are the wrong people to be starting these threads, good day!

21. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It is impossible to defame someones character when the persons name has not been mentioned. There has been no accusation against any guild or person.

Oddly enough, a lot of KoC members are drawn to this thread like flies on ****. Hmmm...

p.s. Continue to do what you do best and cry a little more. :lick:

22. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Kat, for the last time, I will not go out with you. Stop.

On a more serious note, just because you're out of the loop, doesn't mean we are. Sorry.

23. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I am completely out of the loop on this one, but it appears that's probably a good thing.

*goes back to the faction item cry threads*

24. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There is nothing we can do about "hacking" here on Stratics. 99.75% of all "hacking" is due to sharing information. I trust everyone I have ever shared info with. If that cames back to bite me in the ass. it is my fault.

If you are one of the .25%. take it to the authority's that can help you. We can not help you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.