1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: Ireland! Need pointers

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Serafi, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello all.

I might be able to get away this summer and visit this lovely country, and thought perhaps some of you can help me out a bit. Any from Ireland here? Where to start? What do we need to see? We are interested in anything myth, legend, fairytales, castles and keeps etc - and magic landscapes :)

Link to hotels etc also appreciated of course.

2. Seasseragh

Seasseragh Guest

Throw a stone and you´ll likely hit something out of those categories ;)

I did a 4-week motorcycle tour a few years back (tent and B&B, so no hotel-tips), and heck, it´s great everywhere! Maybe avoid the major tourist targets (Blarney Castle, it was run-over even in September).

Ring of Kerry is a nice landscape (but everyone goes there), you could go for the lesser known Dingle Peninsula (It´s just the next "finger" north of RoK).

Kilkenny Castle and City of Kilkenny itself

The Barrens, Glendalough, Newgrange, Rath of Tara, Giant´s Causeway...

Hit a Tourist Info Bureau and ask for the lesser known places, ask someone in a pub even.

I went in September (yeah, I´m silly), but it was the hottest September for 20-some years (at least someone told me so), no rain for 3 weeks (showers, yes, but no serious rain).

3. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

What a lucky dude as for weather?! :thumbup1: Serafi, don't know Ireland but reading this I'd say best advice would be to take Seasseragh with you!! He brings good weather with him! :lol:

4. Barian

Barian Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd recommend a snake hunt

:beer:

.......and Guinness................:thumbup: