1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: looking for gun

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Black magick, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Alright, I find myself in need of advise on which guns are best for defense, so probably gonna get a pistol, possibly a shotgun. Looking to spend under $500 though, any advise?

2. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Get an M107 (Joke)

3. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Home defense? Carry? What? You need to be more specific.

Do you have any experience with firearms?

Where do you live? House or apartment?

Do you live alone, have kids around, etc? People coming and going frequently?

Answer my questions and I'll be happy to help you out, but I need more information before I can suggest anything real specific.

First off, you'll need secure storage. A safe, bolted down to the floor, would be perfect. You don't want any undesirables getting their hands on your firearms if you're not home, and while even a $3000 safe can be cracked, it'll keep the "fast smash and grab" thieves out.

For generic advice, I'd go with a simple Mossberg 500, a classic 12 gauge shotgun design that's popular because it works. There are many different models with different features, barrel lengths, etc., but for home defense, get the shortest barrel you legally can (Unless you want to spend a lot of time and money to get a legal short-barreled shotgun, which if you're in the US, is a Class 3 firearm which requires a $200 tax stamp to BATFE)

As for a pistol, if you just want self-defense, get yourself a revolver. Something from Taurus in .357 or .38 would do you just fine. They're simple, easy to learn to use, and will almost always go bang, no jamming issues, etc., though after many many rounds through them they're still prone to timing issues, so say, 30 thousand rounds or so you might want to take it to a gunsmith to get it looked over. ;)

But as I said, that's just generic advice. It might be perfect and exactly what you're looking for, but more specific info depends on where you live and the other factors.

For $500, you can find yourself a used Taurus, used Mossberg, AND a safe, with enough to spare for a bit of ammo.

The key, remember, once you own something, is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Go find a local range, and make everyone there sick of seeing you. When you feel you're proficient with whatever you bought, keep practicing. Take a course or two on defensive firearm use, some hand-to-hand combat training, and general firearms education.

4. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with Aran that more specifics would certainly be helpful. If you are purchasing a firearm for home defense I would opt for a safe with keyless entry as opposed to a traditional gunsafe, this will allow you to retrieve your weapon in a minimum amount of time when you really need it. An example of what I'm talking about can be found at: http://www.nokey.com/elladrsa.html
    Now I'm not specifically recommending this safe, just posted the link as an example of what I'm talking about.

For home defense it's hard to beat a Mossberg security chambered in 12 gauge, mine cost me $319. They are already the legal limit for length and will hold 8 rounds in the tube. For an inexpensive pistol I once again agree with Aran that a Taurus .38special or .357 is the way to go. For use inside a home I highly recommend Glaser safety slugs. http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/glaser/glaser.htm

5. Goron

Goron Guest

/agree with aboves.
    Get the shottie for HD.
    If you gonna carry, I highly suggest you find a range that lets you rent, and try all the guns you can to see what feel best.

[glock guy mode]or get a glock, They're simple, easy to learn to use, and will ALWAYS go bang, no jamming issues, only need cleaned if you feel like wasting a few minutes, etc.[/glock guy mode] :mf_prop: I honestly don't like glocks tho, they feel boxy.

I carry an S&W M&P9. Love it. It is the full size version tho, so even with my deep conceal carry holster I get some printing when I bend over far- but the sheeple never notice. I think I am gonna get a Bersa Thunder for carry too when the summer decides to come back.

What state are you in? That is probably the most relevant question we can ask you... for example, if you live in the People's Republic of Jersey, I'd advise saving the $500 and buying a plane ticket with it. Same goes for CA... and NY... You can come here to PA where we all cling to our guns and bibles. :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::grouphug:
    well, maybe not bibles so much, its hard to hold I bible when your hands are full of guns:gun:

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Whatever type of gun you buy, have your mommy lock it and throw away the key, please. I'd really hate the thought of you attempting to handle a gun. You can't manage to properly cure yourself in game, much less attempt to handle a gun properly.

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, if youre' looking for something for home defense, hands down a shotgun is the way to go. The spread is large enough that you're likely to hit what you're shooting at even if your aim is not good and most convicted burglars will tell you that the one thing that will scare them the most is the sound of you racking your shotgun in the dark.

8. Goron

Goron Guest

Understanding that you may not be 100% serious-
    -I will take this moment to say that in the event of a home invasion the only sound the attacker should hear is the blast of the weapon. To rack the weapon indicates you are either A)not prepared (always have on in the chamber) or B) wasting a shell.
    AND it means that you are brandishing without cause, that can get you F'd in civil court and even criminal court in some states. You should only 'ready' your weapon right before it goes BANG- otherwise (in some states) they can claim you were escalating the situation and you did not feel your life was in danger when you did so.

9. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Goron,

Those laws vary widely depending upon the state. Don't try to scare me. I know what I can do legally in every state I've lived in and anyone else should know the laws as they apply in the state they live in before they decide to defend their life home and family with a firearm.

10. Goron

Goron Guest

???

11. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Not that it's particularly relevant to anyone except someone who intends to fire tens of thousands of rounds a year or is a broke college student but, I would steer away from the Glocks because of the polygonal rifling. Unless you use jacketed bullets only. The lead build up from a non-jacketed bullet can clog the barrel and produce a variety of problems, this means you have to clean your glock much much more carefully and thoroughly if you want want it to continue to be reliable. (I do clean my weapons after every use, I just don't ever want to run the risk of damaging it at the range)

If you buy all factory loaded ammunition your ok as just about everything is jacketed these days. I however am a broke college student and ammunition can get expensive so I reload. The only things I buy are powder and primers as I cast my own bullets too. So for me a Glock is simply not cost effective, but my Ruger and my S&W handle anything that I feed them.

That said, I can't deny the advantages a glock has "out of the box" for concealed carry. Compared to a 1911 the Glock already has a wide feed ramp, heavy duty extractor, and wide ejection port. It also have no sharp edges on the exterior which might snag on clothing and comes in a matte finish that's fairly non reflective. Laser grips are also available for the Glock and the install takes about 5 minutes for someone who has no idea what they are doing.

But again, I don't think the Glock is really relevant to this thread as it is outside of the $500 price range. (Which is why I didn't mention the S&W nightguard .357 in my earlier post http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=50802&isFirearm=Y )

BTW, 1.) my Birthday is coming up, 2.) so is Christmas, 3.) I'm new to Siege, and 4.) I just got engaged. 4 reasons for some kind benevolent soul to buy me that pistol!! ;-> If you want to buy it for me PM me and I'll send you my contact info! (hey, doesn't hurt to try right?) ;->

P.S. I actually want the model 329, not the 327 in the link

12. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

SHat if somone breaks into my house in bfe tennessee if i rack my shotgun to escilate the situation. I would be the only one left with the ability to talk to say i did or didnt....if i felt uncomfortable enough to break out my gun your ass better belive i intend to finish.

13. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Lol does no one know what an M107 is?

14. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

not much on pistols but the 500 mossburg is a great gun ive used mine as a boat paddle, a walking stick, and a firearm. the stock is a tad worn but still works like a champ and i am actually more acurate with it than my beretta.

15. Goron

Goron Guest

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*gasp* *deep breath* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, i dare you to go to glocktalk and say that.

Listen, as I said previously, I don't like glocks, but I can't let someone claim they are unreliable. I know people that have put thousands of rounds through their glock without a single cleaning.

Glocks are one of the most reliable polymer striker fired pistols in existence...

16. Black magick

Black magick Guest

For a shottie of course I'd use it as home defense. As a pistol something that could pass in that area but looking more toward a carry. Live in Florida, so no real problems with owning or carrying. Finally, I'm living in an apartment with a friend. Thats all for the detail you requested. Also, seen some of what I can get for $500 can i get better for $1000?

17. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Mossberg is a nice weapon. I going to get a Sig in 40 cal once I get my paper work though Jersey.

18. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Buy me a new nightguard if I do? lol I have a friend who carried a Glock in Iraq, he had put about 5k rounds through it stateside, never cleaned it, and it functioned fine in the desert. But he used jacketed ammo. The polygonal barrel has it's advantages, it provides a tighter seal which means more muzzel velocity from the same round AND greater accuracy. But it is not a good idea to fire lead through it. I would bet that anyone who reloads and fires lead bullets through a Glock is using a significantly high amount of tin in the mix. Like I said, I'm cheap lol. And firing soft lead through a Glock can create a buildup that is potentially dangerous.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928457&highlight=polygonal

Someone beat me to it and did bring this issue up there.

19. Goron

Goron Guest

(note, all of my advice will be under the assumption you will be concealed carrying, not open carrying)

This may not seem important, but try and get a feel for how your roommate feels about firearms. Do NOT let that change your decision on to get one or not, just let it change your decision on if you want them to even know you have it (meaning, don't be cleaning it in the living room if they are a big anti).

Another thing I feel is important when considering carry pistols is... how big are you?
    I know people that can conceal a full size 1911 with ease under just a t-shirt... they also tend to be a bit big (read: fat. no offense intended to anyone). My carry gun is a full size S&W M&P 9mm. It is by no means as big as most 1911, but it is still a little large. I am 6'4" and 205lbs, I can wear it under just a t-shirt, but if I do so much as bend over, twist, or breath, it prints through the shirt very obviously.
    That is why I plan to get a smaller carry for summer time (Bersa Thunder)- it will conceal better on my skinny frame.
    All that said- I'd advise getting a gun that fits your hands AND your body.

Another thing: do not let anyone tell you that caliber matters (well, thats a lie, don't go smaller than .38). It doesn't. If you think you can get me to bleed out from 7 .45 rounds faster than 17 9mm rounds, I will laugh in your face and point you to any known ballistics expert. I will then point you to the firing range, and ask you to put 7 .45 rounds into a body sized target under high stress situations from 7 yards- good luck hitting with all of them... For any advantage you get from a bigger round, you lose from a lack of ammunition. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS STOPPING POWER. There is only shot placement. You can hit the magic spot and drop someone in one hit, but even then, it won't make a difference if you hit with a 9, .357, or even .22. In fact, the smaller the round the easier it is (for most people) to provide with accurate follow-up shots.

Don't be afraid to buy used. You'll be able to get a quality firearm for the price range you can afford. Or, if you go with something small like the Ruger LCP (careful, they issued a recall on a serial set of them) it should only run you ~300 new. My next gun, the bersa thunder runs as low as 220 used.
    I think a new XD will go for right about 500, same goes for the M&P. glocks are usually a little more.

Also, 'compact' doesn't mean whimpy. It just means smaller and easier to conceal:) (and less ammo... tho:-( )

20. Goron

Goron Guest

I apologize. I admit I did not fully read your post- I think I got a little over excited after just the first sentence... I seem to have missed (or maybe skipped past?) the second sentence.
    You may be right on that, I do not know crap about using non jacketed cast bullets. I do not reload. I do not use them.

If I ever stumble upon two nightguards, I'll give you the second one:)
    (hey, I'll need one for myself! I only have one revolver now and its a little taurus 94 for plinking!)

21. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

so whats the rules of owning a shottie in nyc ?

22. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I own a Sig .40 and I highly recommend it. I got mine for ~$400 but it was off an ex-police officer friend of mine.

23. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

For carry purposes with a handgun shop around. Shoot as many different models as you can get your hands on and go with the one that "feels right". I have medium/small fat hands and the grip on the Glock and 1911's don't "feel" comfortable to me. I prefer Ruger's and Sig's. But that's just me. If the gun isn't comfortable in your hand you'll have difficulty (meaning you might be a bit slower) getting a proper firing grip and removing it from the holster, also follow up shot placement is more difficult under a stress situation.

Don't rush into buying a handgun. Remember, it's one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. No I am NOT joking. Buying a house is a big decision, it's where you live. The right handgun will allow you to continue to live. If you are going to trust your life and safety to something make sure you are comfortable with that gun. You can get a Ruger new for 3-400, The Sigs will run more like 650-800. But find the one that is comfortable for you. Also consider how much range time you have and can afford. It is easier to become proficient with a revolver than an autoloader.

24. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Yea it would be concealed carry. As for my roomie hes fine with em, heck he has a shottie in his trunk and a raging bull under each of the seats in his car, so no worries there. ^^ I think I'd need a smaller gun like you mentioned, I'm 6'3" and 170 lbs. I'll have a bit more to spend in a bit, and will probably wait until then to buy one if I can get something more reliable than I can now.

25. Goron

Goron Guest

then as laranoth hinted a: wait... get ur more money- the gun will be a big decision. Try as many as u can (as we both said). ill write more later, on fone now

26. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I keep a shot gun behind my couch, loaded at all times, a big knife next to my bed, and plan to get a hand gun soon.

27. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

glock 23 40 cal. i love mine

28. Goron

Goron Guest

ok to continue from before...
    I would wait (if you can, which it seems like you indicated you could)until you have the money to get the gun you REALLY want. Don't buy something you may regret.

And I will AGAIN say the best thing you can do is go to a range that rents, and shoot EVERYTHING.
    Then you can see what feels best in your hand, how the recoil is, what type of sights you like best, etc.
    A lot of people ask 'whats the best gun to get?' and the answer is the same everytime: The one that you are most comfortable with.
    Well, caveat is that the gun should be reliable as well:)

If you plan to carry, you need a gun that you can be 101% CERTAIN will go bang EVERY single time you pull the trigger (don't be scared if you get some failure to feeds or other jamming issues during the first 100, maybe up to 200 rounds tho, they need broken in).

I'd also advise you find a copy of your state's gun laws. You said Florida? I will check on them tomorrow for ya. Not knowing the laws can make you a felon. DON'T BE STUPID. For example, in PA you must have a license to carry (read: conceal carry permit) in order to transport a pistol in a vehicle, concealed or not, loaded or not, in pieces or not.

Next, I'd suggest reading "In the gravest extreme" by Massad F. Ayoob. it is an older book, but it still holds true for the most part. I highly recommend it for anyone that is considering carrying AND even more so I recommend it to people that already carry... a lot of people do not understand the risks of carrying a firearm.

And last but not least for now: I will warn you- guns are like Pringles, once you [get one] you can't stop!

29. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Sounds like knives hehe. Anyway, I've already read Florida's gun laws. And will probably go to a range like that within the week. Thanks for the advise all. ^^

30. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Do not buy guns new either. I am friends and affiliated with so many law enforcement/gun enthusiasts it's insane. Guns are very resilient and you can get one that is maybe a year old used for 3/5th the price you'd pay new.

31. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I use the XD, a good 9mm sub compact is great for carry. for home use I would always suggest get a good dog. A good dog is the absolute best home defense in the world. Because I am in the great outdoors I also keep a 12 gauge at the house for use against the odd bear and if for some weird reason a person decided to get through all the other protections I have at home. a good shotgun ( I use a cowboy style coach gun) will allow you to take someone down with little chance to go through walls and endanger household members.

32. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Colt .45 1911 is what I use for home defense. It is very reliable just like the glock but if it jams I can still beat someone with it. :p Also I like the larger round, I have never been a fan of the 9mm as it has a tendency to go through people and not put them down. 9mm is a very accurate round but I prefer the knockdown power of a .45 and if it is home defense, range and accuracy should not be a factor. But for home defense I cannot see a better option than a shotgun, however if you live in an apartment I sure the neighbors probably do not want some buckshot in their cereal.....

33. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

best thing about shotguns is that they do well at not travelling though more than one wall.

I agree with you on the stopping power of .45 ACP vs. the 9mm but there is ammunitio about that can reduce your through and through and the ability to have 30 rounds for a comon carry over 16 or so...

34. Goron

Goron Guest

Dangit guys...
    Stopping power is a myth when applied to such a small weapon as a pistol.
    I agree, 9mm has a tendency to glide right through, but regardless, I can promise you that 17 through and through rounds from a 9mm will bleed someone out MUCH faster than 7 .45 holes.
    But apply reality to the situation and you'll never hit with all 17... or all 7...

Consider that a majority of self-defense/street shooting result in BOTH the bad guy and the good guy MISSING with a majority of their shots, I'd rather have 17 shots the miss with than 7. I don't care how good you claim to be on the range, or IDPA, or in combat- cuz SD shootings consistently result in the same outcome: a lot of misses at 7 yards. Whether the good guy was a former marine or a farm hand- doesn't matter.

And in a a lot of SD shootings the bad guy STILL gets away (short term, that is). I remember reading a recent one where the bad guy was shot something like 3 times with a .40 and managed to truck it 400 yards away before passing out (his gun had jammed PRIOR to his first attempt at a shot too... dummy, that takes skill to bring a jammed gun to a robbery and not know it).

35. Goron

Goron Guest

unless you load it with solid slugs:thumbup1:

36. Mr X

Mr X Guest

The bigger the round the more blunt trauma. (generally speaking anyway) My guess in a combat/SD situation the adrenaline is pumping, meaning people can shake off a lot of hurt. In this scenario I will have to stick with my original claim that in a short range self defense situation big and slow is the way to go.

Of course one well aimed shot will do the job no matter what you are firing. However I have shot a lot of pistols and I feel I am proficient with mine that in any home defense scenario at 7 yards I will have a nice grouping.

There are advantages and disadvantages to all firearms and caliber weapons. I guess you have to use what is right for you and what you are proficient at and what is comfortable for you.

Also the ability to stay calm in a stressful situation is huge. This is something that I am very good at.

37. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I still think a damn good dog, baseball bat / machettie or a nice 4-10 will solve most of your problems.
    Why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

38. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I'm not overly concerned really. Shotgun would be secondary defense in a break-in situation, as I'm very good with knives. So generally knives would be my primary self defense, but unless in really close combat a knife loses out to a gun. In Jacksonville many people I've come in contact with carry. Can't go to the mall or any store without seeing at least 70% of the people with "concealed" guns. Not to mention drug trafficking and street racing, although most of the racers know me so no harm there.

39. Goron

Goron Guest

this question always amazes me...

If you were at home, and heard someone breaking in- would you call the police? If so, why do you feel the need to call them? You weren't looking for trouble, you have no enemies, so why bother calling the police when a predator selects you as a vulnerable target? Go ahead and call your phone company and ask them to block all calls from your phone to '911', you don't need them.

Sarcasm aside, many people (it appears Mo may fall in this category)- rather than living in a city which brings its own risks and dangers, live in the boonies... I've heard stories of people calling the PA state police and not having them arrive until the next day. I'm not sure how long you want to wait for help...

And then those that are in more urban areas suffer from the close proximity to randomness. Go google something as simple as "Restaurant shooting". I hope you never eat out. Heck, replace restaurant with any place, thing, event you do... Not to mention that in the state of PA police are not even required to respond to calls. AND our supreme court (PA) has said it is NOT the responsibility of the police to protect citizens, it is the responsibility of the citizen to protect themselves.

Always remember, when seconds count, police are minutes away.

three minutes, 33 seconds before police were even dispatched after a call... three dead:
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/225751

Here is a woman who decided to protect herself... watch this video, then try and tell me that she 'jumped the gun' (no pun intended) and acted prematurely... Then look how many minutes into the call it is, and the police are not even there yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkS8mdbml0A

Small town bar- safest place in the world! Nope... Lucky for many of the patrons someone took protection seriously:
    http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/19251374.html

I have never had to call 911 and I hope to never need to. But I still remember the number. I have never had to draw my weapon, and I hope to never need to. But I still have it behind my hip (except when I consume alcohol in any amount- although it is perfectly legal to carry while drunk off your arse, I don't really think its the greatest idea).

40. Goron

Goron Guest

and the other 30% are open carrying:mf_prop:
    jay slash kay

41. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

"...although it is perfectly legal to carry while drunk off your arse, . .."

you positive about that? Im not much into pistols as i have said, but i thought at least in tennessee there were laws with alcohol and handguns.
    Maybe its illegal to carry a handgun into places that serve.? Hell i dont know but definatly want to get a state law book and read up now

42. Goron

Goron Guest

state by state variance. Thats why I suggest everyone really look into their state's laws. Some state's say no carrying in places that serve, I think some even say no carrying in restaurants (alcohol or not).
    Here in PA the only authority to tell you where and when you can carry is, well, the state (and Federal gov't but that just means no carrying in federal buildings). And the Commonwealth of PA has decided it is only illegal to carry inside a courthouse...and even then, they must provide you with a storage locker to store your firearm... that's really it.

If you look into the Uniform Firearms Act it kinda says no carrying on school grounds, BUT, there is an exception listed as (paraphrased) 'unless for lawful purposes'. And since my License to Carry Firearms (PA's ccw permit) says 'self-defense' in the reason box, I'd say that legally entitles me to carry on school property... now, mind you, I'll never do it, because I do not really want to be the guinea pig that takes the situation to court to see if thats really the case... But I can say no LTCF holder has ever been charged for carrying on school property (and many have been- how shall I say... 'stopped' for it)...

Heck, even if a bar (or any public OR private place) has a sign that says 'no guns allowed', under PA state law their sign holds no legal restrictions on me. I can carry in the establishment. If they discover I am carrying, they cannot take any legal action against me- all they can do is ask me to leave. Now if I do not comply and remain after they ask me to leave their private property, well then I am trespassing and they can bust me for that- but that makes no difference if I am carrying or not.

43. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I carry a Springfield Armory XD sub compact 9mm. I have found it to be very reliable. It is equiped with a Crimson Trace grip laser sight.
    My hope is that I will never have the need to pull it out and use it in defense.

If you decide to carry, make sure you are clear on the laws in your state and make sure to practice a lot. Most criminal encounters happen in a matter of seconds. Not a lot of time to think about things.

Gun sells for around $500.00 Laser sight additional $250.00

I live in Detroit, enough said.

44. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am well aware how hazardous this world has become, I was asking more for specifics IE what (and where) do you want to defend against.

You make some very good points.
    I always like the story of the woman who broke a store window setting off the alarm to avoid getting ****d, sad that a store break in would have a faster response time than a violent crime though.

45. Aran

Everything, everywhere. There's no situation where I want to be without something to defend myself with.

Goron, where in PA are you? / Are you a member over at PAFOA.org?

As a side note, I open carry a Glock 17 in a Serpa level II every day (except at work... where I'm a security guard. Some logic there doesn't work right, but eh.)

46. Goron

Goron Guest

:thumbup1:
    I am one of the like... 5... people that can rightfully post in the Centre County forum:)
    But now that its gotten cold, I don't go shooting nearly as much, and as such I find myself at pafoa a bit less- weird correlation, but thems the facts.

I go by a different alias over there tho- that is real life

47. Aran

I'm over in Indiana, so you're practically a neighbor.

I used to post as Aran on PAFOA but, well... do a search there.

48. Goron

Goron Guest

tisk tisk...

what the heck did you do?

49. Aran

Dissented. I told DaveM55 off for being an asshat.

XD45 and c.sander get away with about a thousand times more than I was banned for.

50. Goron

Goron Guest

lol, i just found your first 'vacation' and decision to take your ball home and no longer play-

Well, after headcase came back I nearly pooped myself in surprise... that guy is F'n crazy and scares the bejeebus out of me- so- I can't really comment on people 'getting away' with stuff cuz frankly I don't understand...