1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: New Computer for KR

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guest, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Greetings friends.

I have just been giving permission to replace my VAIO which is showing its age with pretty much anything I want.

I would love to hear what folks here have to say about KR and new machines.

At work I use everything from Win2k, XP, Vista, PC-BSD, UNIX and Mac, so I am game for anything.

My wife and kids have their own machines, so this one will be mostly business, some UO. I don't play a lot of other games, and most of the ones I enjoy are older. I am looking for a business/game machine that will have a life cycle of around 4-5 years. I am capable of building one, but with 2 jobs and 2+2 kids I am fairly busy and would not mind an off the shelf solution.

2. Im in the middle of building a new PC heres what I got

Nvidia 680i motherboard, so sweet not as good as their ultimate board but you dont wanna set all the calibrations, this one is great.

Gforce 9600 graphics card with 512 graphic memory, this combined with the Nvidia motherboard guarantees the card and board will work in harmony, not to mention I could always buy another one and bridge them.

Intel Extreme Quad Core processor, enough said, quad core is the way to go if your looking for a lasting pc.

320 GB harddrive, enough for all that media.

The rest was, num pad, keyboard, mouse, dvd burner and what not, pretty much everything needed for someone with a pc minus the case and the monitor.

Price? would you believe only $910.00?

The Quad Core was only 200$, Microcenter FTW.
  3. xxEvolusxx

xxEvolusxx Guest

I only have a laptop. However, it is state of the line (or was a year ago [​IMG]).

Anyways, KR runs great on this machine. Here are the specs:

Intel Core duo 2.20 GHz
    4 Gigs of ram
    32 Bit Vista
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
    17" Widescreen Monitor
    200 GB Harddrive 7200 RPM

I can't think of anything else to post. If any more info needed let me know!
  4. there is no computer on the planet that will play that game!

that being said, im not building a newcomp this time around. im gonna buy a base setup, somthing with the best motherboard proccessor possible. from some place where you get a warrenty. with all the parts, but mostly concerned about the MB and the processor. then im gonna just buy (upgrade) the rest of the peices i need. graphixs card, ram and what not.

this way you have the base comp and just add the sweetness. and a warrenty. not that my current on i put together isnt good, but so many a time did i worry bout frying the board or processor, with no warrenty.

so for $500-$600 you can get a box with great MB and processor, low ram and video card, then just upgrade that stuff its usually cheaper to do it this way.

but again i doubt any comp will run KR smoothly!
  5. Guest

Guest Guest