1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: NFL.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

So what is everyone thinking about top teams this year in the NFL? Off the bat I had the Eagles with the Cowboys in a close second, but as the season has progressed I surely thought the Bills and Skins would hold strong. Right now for the super bowl I'm thinking either Titans or Skins. Thoughts?

2. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Talent-wise, I still think the Cowboys have the edge. However, they aren't playing like they want it. I think there are half a dozen teams this year that have a legitimate shot, including the Giants again.

Go Saints!!!
    /shameless plug

3. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Pre-season I picked a Bills v Panthers Superbowl
    I will stick with that but with Edwards going down this week for the Bills that could be difficult.
    The Panthers beat the Skins 47-3 in the third pre-season game. The game where the starters play for 3 quarters. I don't think anyone can touch our Defense and with Smitty and our new two - headed monster RB's it will be very hard to stop this team if healthy.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

The Cowboys need a clear undisputed leader. Until then they are just talented. Talent alone does not win... Hrmmm. That sounds familiar...

5. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What? You mean he's not their leader?????

[​IMG]

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

bzzzt... No

It ain't this guy either.
    [​IMG]

7. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is it this guy?

[​IMG]

mmmm, cake...

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Ummm... Go Saints?

9. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

10. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

WHO DAT!!!

11. |Brook|

|Brook| Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am rather impressed with the Redskins this season.

GO SAINTS!!!!

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

13. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

GO VIKINGS!! IN YOUR FACE SAINTS FAN!!! LMAOXXOR!!!

14. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Go Steelers!!!, even with all the injuries they beat The Jaguars in Jacksonville... pretty impressive.

The NFC east is the strongest division in the NFL... and Pittsburgh has to play all four teams this year... so I guess we will see what the Steelers are made of... Just wish Parker was healthy.

15. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have nothing here... Im a Lions fan.:sad4:
    Actually that statement is inaccurate. Fan is short for fanatic, and due to their absolute fail at anything that resembles a professional sports team I have been reduced to a casual observer...

16. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

17. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

First of all..just hold the phone for a min..it's only week 5 and you're gonna say the titans and the redskins because they have a combinwed record of 9-1? Surely you jest! I think you need to do more research on these 2 teams before you start declaring them as superbowl contenders (can't even say that with a straight face) *chuckling*. Anywho....sure the redskins are tough this year just as they were last year, and the eagles are still capable of winning it all, they have lost 3 games by 4 points or less and 2 of those losses came from the NFC east which happens to be the toughest dividsion in the history of the NFL right now. 3 of the teams in the NFC east are all ranked in the top 3 in the nfl power rankings (never seen that before), and like I said, the eagles are just as good, they just happen to have lost 2 nfc east games, in fact, all the losses except 1 in that entire dividsion has come from inside that dividsion (imagine that).

So any of those 4 teams in the NFC EAst are capable of taking it all the way. As for the Cowboys (which happens to be my team since I was 7 years old), the only thing that can beat the Cowboys are the Cowboys. When you have that much talent on one team it's hard to stay motivated, and the constant media attention doesn't help any either. But the true leader on that team is Jason Garrett (assistant coach and soon to be head coach) and Jason Witten. Once Romo stops worrying about T.O.'s cries (I love T.O.), he will be the leader of the Cowboys, but not until then.

In conclusion...don't jump on a bandwagon too soon cause you have to remember, this is the NFL not college. Those college guys go out every week and give 110% on the field, but you're only gonna get 90% from the NFL players because let's face it, to them it's a "job", and nobody gives 110% on a "job". Do they?? You won't see 100% from the NFL players until playoff time, then you will see those "paper like champions" (Titans) go under. Do keep in mind that I happen to live in Tennessee so this is not a biased opinion.

NFC POSSIBLES:

COWBOYS: If the Cowboys come together as a team and stop pointing fingers at one another they will definitely be superbowl contenders and prolly champions.

GIANTS: If the Cowboys keep the same attitude they have now the Giants will represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

REDSKINS: Best team in the league as far as playing as a team goes, but their faith lies in the COWBOYS hands.

EAGLES: If McNabb stays healthy they will lose the NFC championship game to the Cowboys.

BUCS: They will have to overcome a whole lot and be very lucky to make it past any of the NFC East teams. Doesn't look like this is their year.

BEARS: Just not enough talent.

PACKERS: QB Aaron Rodgers has proven he is a high quality QB in this league, the problem isn't him, the problem is the coaches faith in Rodgers. The Packers has taken their game to a much more conservative approach since the decision to not take back Favre. They takes less chances and rely more on the run after the catch from their receivers than the long throw as they did with Favre. TURN RODGERS LOOSE AND ALLOW HIM TO SHOW HIS ABILITY if you gonna have any shot at returning to the NFC championship game.

AFC POSSIBLES:

DENVER: If they're lucky and the Cowboys self destruct, they will host the Giants in the Superbowl and most likely defeat them.

STEELERS: They will lose the AFC championship game to the Broncos.

COLTS: They will make the playoffs but will lose round 1.

DOLPHINS: If they keep playing with the intensity they have played the last couple weeks, they will make the playoffs.

NEW ENGLAND: Don't count them out just yet!

CHARGERS: It's time to rebuild. Sometimes it's better to rid your star player than to try and hold on to him.

JACKSONVILLE: Still a small window for this team to pull things together and make a ligitimate run.

BILLS: WHO KNEW!

TITANS: They are playing good defense right now but so did the 2006 Bears, Kerry Collins will NEVER take a team to a Superbowl. Sorry.

18. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

No I say those things because they're the best teams in the League. I don't see the Colt's making the play offs, I'm sorry. And if the eagles can begin playing the way they WERE I think they have a shot at beating the Cowboys. Giants are very, very tough though IMO but I don't know, I just don't see them in another bowl.

19. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

The Titians defence has slapping everyone in the jib since game one. You can obviously win games if your offence is lacking with a front four like the titans.
    Im not saying they are going to the super bowl, but to say they are not a contender is just foolish.

20. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Never meant the titans were nopt a contender, I have edited my post to add their names, but if you look at the first paragraph in my post you will see I said they will fall during playoff time, which means they're obviously a contender. Calm down and think more next time before resorting to hasty conclusions. No matter where the Titans move to, they will always be the Houston Oilers to me. Yes they have been playing well, but against teams they has yet to find their identity, and struggling with them. There are 2 halfs to a football season, let's wait til we get through the first half before we put the Titans in the Superbowl, they have not proved themselves worthy because they won their first 5 games for the first time in the 49 year franchise history. *rolls eyes*

21. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Cheapy,

"BUCS: They will have to overcome a whole lot and be very lucky to make it past any of the NFC East teams. Doesn't look like this is their year."

Watch them play against Carolina this weekend and then tell me what you think of each team.

"DENVER: If they're lucky and the Cowboys self destruct, they will host the Giants in the Superbowl and most likely defeat them."

Denver lost to KC and Carolina beat KC 34-0. Either your a Denver homer or you know nothing about football. Denver's D couldn't stop me from running 200 yards.

22. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Sorry i think i came off a tad over exuberated. I misread your post. I thought you were saying they were NOT a super bowl contender. I agree Kerry Collins isnt the best qb in the league, but i do belive he has take a couple teams to the big game. If they continue to play defence as they are now, and Hanworth and Vanden Bosh (im sure i butchered his name) stay healthy they are gonna be tuff to score on.
    Every one here knows as much as i do if they dont score on you you cant lose.

Ive always said they shoulda drafted Cutler instead of Young...

23. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I'm a Packers fan, but man it's been hard this year :(

24. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

A person who knows about football also knows that dividsion games are very tough and have a very different outcome than other games. The denver vs kc games was definitely a tough dividsion game. Do you know why dividsion games are tougher than other games, Turtle?

25. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I was gonna add the Packers as a contender and now I will go ahead and edit my post yet again to add them because they are still a very dangerous team. Their problem is mnot with their QB, it's their defensive front imo.

26. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Are you kidding? You're PROUD of winning that game last night?!??! How much money changed hands from your guys to the refs? I mean, did YOU see that facemask?!? Nearly took off Reggie's head and he fumbled as a result. :gun: Shameful. If I was a Viking's fan, I'd petition the commish's office to have that win reversed. Of course, I am way too smart to be a Viking's fan.:loser:

27. Ahem...I beleive you meant to say, "Go Stillers!! Yuns guys goin dahntahn fer the game an at?!"

If they can get the O line together and consistent, they will beat Denver in the AFC championship. Of course, I admit to having a biased opinion.

GO STILLERS!!!