1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT. People in Florida, take heart!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, May 15, 2008.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

My son is headed there to help fight the fires. I hope he does us all proud. You can put away the marshmellows soon I hope.

2. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Hope u loaned him yer flame resistant suit. :D

Godspeed to him!:thumbup:

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yeah, I hope he dodges real flame as well as I do the pretend ones here.

4. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Palm Bay is burning up bad. Hopefully its cleared up when I move back there. I've talked to a few friends down there in Melbourne still and they said pretty much all you see is smoke and its pretty hard to breathe. We've been getting alot of that smoke up here in Tallahassee as well.

5. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Any help is appreciated, and I'll keep your son as well as the other people involved in trying to contain & affected by the fires, in my prayers. About 12,000 acres and 50 homes were destroyed in the Palm Bay and surrounding areas earlier in the week. Four firefighters have been injured fighting that one so far. They are pretty sure the Brevard and Volusia fires were started by arson.

Police arrested a woman yesterday in an unrelated incident for setting several other fires in a field. Her reason: she was bored. :eek:

Every year we have our "tinder season" because most of Florida is brush & scrub with bog areas, with the usual heat, it is just very conducive to combustion. It is bad enough with us being the lightning capital of the country, with incidental natural fires starting, without getting "help" from complete sociopathic idiots like that woman, in our state. :mad:

As Rumpy says, even many miles away, everyone has to deal with the smoke.

-Skylark

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

He has been in my thoughts since you told me. I am going to start a candle for him today.

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The police should make her get out there and fight fires for a while since she's so f'n bored. :mad:

8. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

LOL...the irony just caught me there, Luka. Please do not leave the candle unattended. :D

-Skylark

9. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

*chuckles* No worries. I have doen this before.

10. Willow30

Willow30 Guest

He will be in my thoughts and prayers Kelmo.

11. Wiylst

Wiylst Guest

Any and all help is appreciated. My thanks to your son Kelmo.

-W

12. Gil

Gil Guest

Yeah south Florida is a lil smoky, too. Had a pretty good fire about 2 miles from my home. Yay for your son helping! :)

13. Your son and all those working there as well as the victims of this tragedy and their families will be in my prayers. And even as far away as Berlin, NH this is affecting people. A woman in my church told me that her granddaughter and her family survived because they were away from home the night that it burned down along with their neighbors homes. They feared that they would not have been able to awaken and get away fast enough because of how fast the winds swept the fires.

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Be it with a rake, chainsaw or a shovel, many young forestry students are being pulled from the classroom and training facilities to fight these fires. Yes, it has happened many times before. Nothing different, except this time it is one of mine. *nods*

Thank you all for the best wishes for my son,hisfriends and compatriots from all over the nation,There are heros still. At home and over seas. *nods*

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!