1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT: pulled 4 wisdoms a few hrs ago

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just got new insurance so went in to dentist and he ended up pulling my 4 wisdom teeth - gave me the laughing gas.
    its cool - but guess the pain will be coming in a few hrs :(

Lorddog

2. Ugh, enjoy!

Had 4 of mine out eons ago, not entirely fun. Not entirely horrible, just take good care of 'em and hope you don't get dry socket. [I was fortunate enough not to get it]

3. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Where they impacted?

4. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OWCH!*@$#^%!&**&^$

Dry socket! I thought that was just for smokers who could not abstain? *grumbles* damn dentists and there propaganda.

5. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

i got dry sockets when they pulled mine in bootcamp. They told me not to spit or talk. well, i ended up takin all the vicodin they gave me at once, so i was feelin chatty. talked and spit the blood clots right out. dry sockets = worst pain i have ever felt in my life... ever. Good luck!

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Its not bad at all. I had three taken out a few years back (only ever had three). They were impacted (if thats the term, had to break them, and pull out the pieces). I never felt even the slightest bit of pain. As soon as I got out of the dentist office, I popped the pain killers. But I stayed frozen about another 10 hours or so. Think I was up till midnight that night playing CS, went to bed, woke up, thawed out, and feeling good.

But each has thier own experience with it. Hope urs goes good. Pound the UO, and that will get you through it

7. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They got my weight wrong, and in turn, gave me the wrong dosage of anestethics. I woke up in towards the end of the procedure with a jawjacker in my mouth, dentist yanking at a tooth with a pliers, and two nurses chatting over me. They were supposed to be sucking the blood and spit out of my mouth as the dentist worked, and weren't. I was choking. I was mad. I spit out the jawjack and when they tried to hold me down, started swinging. They eventually tied my arms down and finished. I have never been so ready to kill someone in all my life.

And to top it off, I got dry socket in 3 out of 4 of the spots. NOT ONLY THAT, but I found slivers of tooth working their way out of my gums for the next 3 months.

Top that. Hope you feel better Dawg.

Oyea, large doses of Listerine seem to help the swelling.

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ya i did have a few pieces of tooth left in there, but nothing major. They got most. Id be pissed if I woke up. But then again, im a bit of an *******, and will roar at stupid people when they are working if they deserve it.

9. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

ya, they left tooth slivers in me too. had to get my gums sliced back open 3 month later due to a 'periostal absess'(sp?) that also sucked.

10. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I had tooth slivers coming out for a while after I had mine out, too. From what I read online, that's not the dentist's fault, it can happen to anybody. But that could just be dentist propaganda.

After I had my 3 out at the same time (years ago), my entire throat/face bruised, and my face was swollen. I went to a job interview the next day, and got it. It was probably due to pity. =]

11. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

So...Dog, how are you feeling today? I'm guessing you've had your question answered by first hand experience by now. :D

-Skylark

12. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i went to work today but took my pills with me (motrin and lortab).

doesnt seem to be much swelling or side effects. I dont feel much and am a little woosey from the drugs but besides that all is pretty good. I fell 1 tall points (I think under gum) where 1 of the top ones were. so I will go next week and have them look to see if they missed a sliver.

at least so far I think it went very smoothly and not a bother. no pain as of yet.
    I will use the listerine mouthwash starting tomorrow.

Lorddog

13. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

I got mine out with only local anaesthetic. Fully conscious. I could faintly feel the dental surgeon drilling and shattering my wisdom teeth and removing the pieces. I did it to save money (it was $70-100 for general anaesthesia or gas). Yes, I'm that badass.

14. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Since we're talking about narcotics now, am I allowed to talk about weed and coke?

15. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Are you having fun with your little tantrum? If you are nice boy your mommy might give you a lolly pop.

16. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

*kicks walls n makes fist* They started it!

17. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Well, I'm finishing it.

Now go to bed, the grown-ups want to enjoy their hookers 'n blow.

18. Feyre

Feyre Guest

And here i thought i was going to get an intriguing tale of kidnapping and ransom notes with teeth glued to them.

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Hope you are feeling better...

20. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Gas makes me flip out and general is risky and unnecessary for me so; 3 wisdom teeth one at a time, several root canals and one extraction. *pthbbbt*

Glad your feeling better Dog.