1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

OT : RIP Steve McNair

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Elfstone, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, according to WTVF-TV in Nashville.

The report says McNair suffered a gunshot wound in an apparent double homicide. Police say he was shot in the head. A female victim was also found. Police say shots were fired around 1:46pm.

Wth is going on??? At this rate every famous person will be dead in a couple months.

2. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

A female victim. Doesnt say it was his wife or anything. Wonder if someone came home from work early?

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Eh- we will all be dead soon anyway. 2012 is just around the corner, ya know.

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Oh sheesh, those things again. Armageddon is coming.... :/

5. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I lowelled.

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I was SO disappointed in y2k. Such a let-down. I am realy hoping that 2012 finishes us off, or AT RELEASES brain eating zombies ot mad max type living conditions.

7. Black magick

Black magick Guest

lol... I'm expecting snow "The day the world will end."

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps there will be some of those sales from this (not sure if you have them where you are from).

But there are a few sales a year where im from that go like this....

"If it snows more than 5 inches on Febuary 1st, your purchase is free" This is generally done with prebooking of travel trips, or flights etc, sometimes quads etc.

So picture this...

"Book your trip to spring 2013 trip to the Meixco now, and if the world ends in 2012, your trip is absolutly free!"

9. Black magick

Black magick Guest

lol brilliant. It doesn't snow a whole lot here (MD), so I doubt they have those types of sales.

10. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes but they pretty much look in the farmers alminac (sp?). So where you are, they could have something like, if it rains more then 2.5" on x date your trip is free etc.

11. Black magick

Black magick Guest

They should try that in Seattle. If it rains more than 25" on date X your trip is free.

12. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

lol. Ya its always a high number for that time on record. Look at 25 years, if average was 5" and peak was 7" they set it at 9" lol

13. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LOL, exactly how I felt after Y2K let down.
    I want Riots, Anarchy , The End of Modern times. ;):flame:

14. Black magick

Black magick Guest

*best joker voice* Introduce a little anarchy.

15. Concise

Concise Guest

Last year it snowed 4 feet the first week of February...all i won was a bad back from shoveling and i couldnt find my car in my drive way due to wind drifts for the first portion of the day....i bought a snowblower the following week.

16. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

U got that snow blower. and now it wont snow big for years

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Has the news yet said where exactly he was shot down, in his home or yard or out shopping or what ?

I don't know about Nashville but if it is anything like Memphis area here, anyone can end up shot dead just going to certain malls even around here..ie lots of drive by shootings oft occur, just stupid moronic senseless killing of innocents lives.

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well at my age...................lucky if I am even around in 2012 but IF I am, I already have it planned to sit outside in my yard, in my lawn chair and watch the world end cuz well that may only come around ONCE.

I surely won't be playing UO cuz I would hate to miss seeing the world end cuz I was on a computer playing UO or something stupid like that when the world ends I want a front row seat ! :)

19. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree, but what about missing life go by playing UO?

20. Black magick

Black magick Guest

bloods/crips territory? And while it may seem senseless to a majority of people, a lot of gangs have kill requirements to either get in or remain in. Take away a lot of gun regulations and I guarantee there'd be less shootings when everybody is carrying a gun and can shoot back ^^

21. Alizaren

Alizaren Guest

Was in some kind of condo that he and a buddy share the lease on. Looking like it was a girlfriend thing. She's about 20, drives a 2007 Escalade that is registered to she and McNair, the guy he leases the condo with didn't bat an eye when he came in and saw McNair on the couch and her on the floor.

Sounds kinda iffy to me....

22. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Yep. I am careful what colors I do not wear, especially going up towards Graceland area and Mall of Memphis etc. kinda rl felucca around this tri state area at times.

Sometimes just a color on our clothing, can set off someone's death around here.

Toss in ye southern rednecks. We DO have guns here and rifles in our home, but husband is the only one of us two, licensed to carry out there, in BOTH states cuz we live on the border here, so he can carry in both TN and MS.

I do not carry. I haven't really gone shooting in years so I would probably miss my target out there, unless some one would try to ENTER the house. Then I do not care persay if I miss or not, it is my home they got no right trying to be IN here I would either shoot or I'd sic the dogs all on em.

23. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That is where you americans are ****ed. 2 things i notice. The legal system is a joke. You can sue anyone for anything. Hell I bet you could sue a PK IRL for ruining your online gaming experience with griefing. Not that you would win, but the legal system would hear your case. There is no way that anyone breaking into your home, and gets hurt should be allowed to sue you. Hell if you are tresspassing and fall, it should be your fault. But alas the sue anyone for anything has gotten out of hand down there. It can ruin the lives of those who have nothing to do with it, and are the real victims. Its a sad thing.

And this gun control, and packing guns. Up here in canada, we do have our share of murders. And yeah in the major cities we do have some shootings. But I bet all of canada, is less than one of your major cities. Why? cause we cant have guns up here. We can take handguns to the range, but we have to call the RCMP ahead of time. And let them know when we leave, which way we are going, check in when we get there, when we leave, and what route we take home. And let them know when we are home. Might seem a bit much to some of you. But if you are caught with a handgun outside of where you said, what time you said, etc. You go to jail no questions asked. And for a long time. So when no one has a gun, no one needs to feel like the big man, or lose there cool, and when under a lot of stress make a decision to shoot they normally wouldnt.

Everyone having a gun doesnt solve the problem. Cause well if gangs wanna kill you, your dead. They will drive by you, or shoot you in the back. Where you have no chance to use yours as self defence. Pretty tough when you dont see it coming.

24. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I didn't say WE made any sense ! We are a people of contradictions galore down here. haha

Many of us just love our *constitutional right to carry and bear arms* I am also one that will fight just to keep that *right* so to speak by lobbying to keep it, just in case another country wants to take us over ever, so we wanna shoot em and legally CAN, when we see the whites of their eyeballs so they can not reclaim their colonies or whatever. :)

But then ya got ye bleeding hearts that will sue someone for defending their home when a butcher does break in their home. They get lawyered up and ya hear some defense like..Oh pity the poor bad guy he had been abused as a child so he gets off and the good folks land in jail sometimes for defending themselves with a puny pistol or pepper spray, against a thug breakin in with some AK 47.

Although you are right ... even if one IS carrying unless they remain CALM & very cool headed while trying to defend themselves, carrying a loaded firearm, does not remotely guarentee they will survive being shot at, by someone out there that they may see or not even see or if we are even interpreting the situation correctly on the streets per say. That is what the police are for but even they may miscalculate what really is happening atm sometimes and they are trained to interpret steet crimes going down. Bullets travel lots faster than any of our reactions may go..even if we do react fast .. it may be not fast enough, if not just shot dead by a *driveby* that we never seen coming.

I DUCK pretty darn fast though. :)

25. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes I hear that. But your right to bear arms against invaiding nations? Those can be left at home cant they? Why do they need to be carried down town? I guess incase your at your local payless shoes, and the Nazi Germans drive through the front window in a panzer. Guess I answered my own question

:)

26. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I carry pepper spray myself, in case someone wants MY shoes at the local payless, figure that might give me time to RUN away, probably barefoot. :)

Never know though when the TOURISTS at Graceland may wanna take over USA or something. :) They come from all over the world...heck last time I went to the Memphis Zoo just this past April I heard more foreign accents than American ones. :) Luckily they were only armed with cameras, blackberry phones, and Ipods. :) I was only armed with bottled water and a camera myself at the Zoo.

27. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Heh i know that all too well in Canada. It makes me angry myself. They come to live here in this great country, but most can barely speak the language. I refuse to work with forein workers who dont have full command of the english language. In my line of work (oilfield electrician), the sour gas content from deep wells, can knock me down in an instant. From the time I hit the ground (if its not strong enough for instant kill), i have 4 minutes to be take out of the gas, and get clean air in my lungs, after a few minutes im gonna suffer brain damage. or just working hours from civilization, I could break my leg and be stranded. If my partner cant understand english well enough to recieve good directions, give good directions, or get help quickly. That puts my life on the line, and the well being of my family aswell.

28. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well there is still one or two areas of your huge nation, which I will hope to see before I rl dirtnap. :) But I promise I won't litter the mountains or whatever with my empty plastic dt pepsi bottles.

I do not mind tourists speaking whatever native languages they speak, nor immigrants when they first get here speaking whatever. I have worked with immigrants, to the USA, but in the end they should learn English if they wish to read the *in English* jet lingo before they become a mechanic for any airline here.

I worked for major airlines and travel agencies too, so I am used to foreigners and global *everyspeak* but yeh, another weird thing regarding USA we have no SET legal national language here, per say, since they never labeled ENGLISH as the official legal language here in 200 + years of it's existance, we may all be made to speak something else, in USA some year.

29. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well I guess thats a litte different. here we have an official language. And i dont mind you speaking your native language either. However if Im dieing on the floor, id expect you could convey this to a 911 operator or some form of emergency contact, and recieve instructions that will save my life. Without the need to be put on hold to find someone in the office who speaks whatever your language is. Everything in canada is French and English. Either is fine with me. Just like most things down in the US are English, Spanish, chineese (correct me if im wrong, but thats what I remember being at the ATMs etc).

30. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Taking this even further off topic... Have you folks ever noticed drive though ATM's have braille instructions?

31. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Yes I have ! :) Tried to translate and I failed miserably reading Braille...um feeling it's letters or whatevers. Then there is sign language but I think I have a few of those down pat.

I bet if I ever heard you speak rl I would not fathom you either, yall speak Texan ! ;)

32. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I would be rather freaked out if a blind person drove up to the ATM...

33. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran